Trusted Contributor

Joan Rivers' line has been selling fashion jewelry for decades. Susan Graver, Logo and most other lines have their own fashion jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't forget......QVC is the one who sets the prices for the items sold on QVC.......not the vendors..... they also are the ones who indicate the "retail  price" on the item listing on TV...........i just use my common sense when checking the prices and suggested retail prices.....usually over priced for  my taste these days....buying less and less...

Frequent Contributor

@Kelsey.....I realize that some or perhaps all of the designers selling on QVC do not set their own prices on their items, whether it be clothing, jewelry or whatever......but I do feel that they do or should retain some control over their goods.....and if they don't and leave it to QVC, they are relinguishing all of their creations to critisism and QVC's need for profits at all costs,  & do not really care about their product and more importantly, their reputation as so called "designers."

Honored Contributor

@gmabee38 wrote:

@Kelsey.....I realize that some or perhaps all of the designers selling on QVC do not set their own prices on their items, whether it be clothing, jewelry or whatever......but I do feel that they do or should retain some control over their goods.....and if they don't and leave it to QVC, they are relinguishing all of their creations to critisism and QVC's need for profits at all costs,  & do not really care about their product and more importantly, their reputation as so called "designers."

@gmabee38 

None of the vendors set the prices. It isn’t an option.  QVC sets all prices for all items they sell. QVC also decides what items they will sell. They tell the vendors what they want.

Honored Contributor
@gmabee38, except for a Linea blazer, I have not bought any fashion item from QVC in over 2 years. It's not the same as in earlier years and I can find more items that suit me, either in other online sites or B&M stores these days. I no longer even turn the channel on. I don't miss it, at all. I come to the boards off and on to see if anything is different, and it isn't.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

@gmabee38 wrote:

Why quotes around designer....IMO he looses credibility as a designer if he thinks it's OK to price a piece of jewelry at 58.00 & readily admits it's "fake" when you can find  similar necklaces/jewelry in Walmart or Target for 12.99.

He used to sell a line at Target which was much more affordable than what his pieces are priced at Q.  I don't recall if he designed jewelry for Target, though.

Honored Contributor

@gmabee38  Just before Christmas and right after, JJill has a big sale 40% & 50% off sale prices.  They still have some jewelry marked down so check it out.  I bought a really cute pair of earrings that are no longer available but they do have some jewelry.  QVC has raised their prices too high and other retailers marked down and offer percentages off too.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I completely agree with you.  I too have given up on many, many of QVCs products and I don't mean just clothing.  I loved their Diamonique, but have seen other examples of recent pieces and they too have changed considerably.

The increase in price, especially Susan Graver's clothing is the most blatant offender.  I still woner why she gets so much attention but I'm sure it's because she has a huge following who have lots of money to spend on clothing that are comparable to Target, JCP at much lower prices.

Personally I feel the convenience of shopping from home is not worth the price nor the quality, especially not on QVC.

I'M sure I will get plenty of backlash from QVC loyalists for my criticism, but this is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Frequent Contributor

I love J.Jill, but not their prices that's why I do all of my JJill shopping when they have their sales.