Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's gone full granny

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner   Is he really still designing this line? I'm not sure if he's just the "front man".

@Shanus I don't think anything at QVC is really designed. It is maybe approved, colors selected, or suggest to manufacturers in Asia.  I think what "design" there is is very limited and simply buying decisions. 

jmpo:

Q has a look they want from each of their lines, and a team works on it somewhere , but they all have a similar direction , if you pay attention

for example wide leg floral pants from DC, GilI and Linea all to appeal to that core customer

tees - joggers from. Anybody and that other line 

Honored Contributor

@PMG055 wrote:

Ok the model in the middle was my absolute favorite when I was 13-14 years old. Always modeling in the fashion catalogues and the McCall's and simplicity pattern catalogues. She was everywhere. Does anyone know her name?

i do but forgot

it's not Jean Shrimpton 

Honored Contributor

I love Isaac because I think he is a gentle soul, but I have never liked most of his clothing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwoman48 wrote:

PMG055, the model's name is Colleen Corby.  Wasn't she just adorable?  We must be the same age, because she was one of my idols in my early teens, too.  Jean Shrimpton came along a little later, then Twiggy.  The wholesome, beautiful young American models like Colleen were kind of forgotten, weren't they, as Beatlemania swept fashion?  It was much more fashionable to be English.  Pattie Boyd was my idol as an older teen.  Couldn't get enough of those magazines!

I was a fan of Pattie too and I found her book a fun read....those Beatles! You might enjoy it too....

Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Me

Trusted Contributor

@PMG055 wrote:

Ok the model in the middle was my absolute favorite when I was 13-14 years old. Always modeling in the fashion catalogues and the McCall's and simplicity pattern catalogues. She was everywhere. Does anyone know her name?

I loved her too.  I think her name was Colleen Korby, or something like that.  Not long ago a friend and I were talking about her, and I was able to Google her and see what she looks like more recently.  As I remember, she looked way older (of course!) but still pretty.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

It would be nice if you could post an item number for those of us who are not psychic.

@Imaoldhippie 

I think they’re talking about A306445. 

Honored Contributor

I also used to watch the Isaac shows and have purchased some nice items in the past.  But, that is "in the past" now!

Quality and sizing are not good!  Nothing stays the same, eh?

Respected Contributor

1. @wilma wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

It would be nice if you could post an item number for those of us who are not psychic.

@Imaoldhippie 

Oh my...That reminds me of a dresser scarf my grandmother crocheted in 1950.  
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Imaoldhippie 

Yikes .... that truly is a style that I do not find appealing.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear   Has anyone figured out who that "core customer" is?