Respected Contributor

Re: Isaac's gone full granny

[ Edited ]

I remember Jean Scrimpton; it may be her.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   yes, i know this.  He still allows his name to be used ,and he the spokesperson for the products.  He's still "owning it" and he is still making money from this QVC brand.

If I was a designer of his caliber, I would think I wouldn't sell myself short this way.  He probably doesn't need the money. I just don't see how this would satisfy the artist in him.

Oh well.  I guess it works for him.

Contributor

That is not Jean.  Jean was an early super model.  This girl was a catalogue model.

Respected Contributor

I liked when Isaac did the lovely floral cartigans.  I own about 10 of them.

Super Contributor

PMG055, the model's name is Colleen Corby.  Wasn't she just adorable?  We must be the same age, because she was one of my idols in my early teens, too.  Jean Shrimpton came along a little later, then Twiggy.  The wholesome, beautiful young American models like Colleen were kind of forgotten, weren't they, as Beatlemania swept fashion?  It was much more fashionable to be English.  Pattie Boyd was my idol as an older teen.  Couldn't get enough of those magazines!

Honored Contributor

What happened to IMAGINATION?  Designing for reasonably priced items but giving women style and design.  It's been the same ole thing for a long time.  Flower cardigans, lace dresses, tops, pants, whatever and tee shirts.  I love Isaac's tee shirts but come on, how about being creative with the tee shirt like high fashion would.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I agree that IM cardigan is pretty AWFUL!

Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I liked when Isaac did the lovely floral cartigans.  I own about 10 of them.

Shellabystarlight:  Yes!  I also have so many of his cardigans.  His show used to be my favorite. Remember when he had the matching scarves that went with the cardigans?  Also, he used to have great bags/totes, great kitten heel shoes, coats, etc.  Now all he seems to show are mostly cotton tee shirts and very short dresses (he used to have a larger selection of midi dresses) and the 24/7 pants.   But I do miss those bags, cardigans and scarves.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant @RoughDraft  These styles are what 'grannies' of the 1960s wore - they were not 60 or older then, then were these women, young women in the 1960s.

Unless you're talking of these ladies grandmothers then yes I'll say those ladies probably didn't where dresses like these. I grew up in 50s,60s, 70s and this is exactly what the styles were. In fact I had a dress on the diagonal different neckline like the lime one, a very fun cotton striped dress, loved wearing it.

IM is stuck in the world of lace. This is all he did last season and now he obviously has leftover fabric because this is all I've seen this season, ugly styles that no one would wear. Where would anyone wear the styles he does now? His lace is only one thing he does that's not good, peplum that many of us are also so over. He used to be a stylish designer, not anymore.

Honored Contributor

It would be nice if you could post an item number for those of us who are not psychic.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)