Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac's gone full granny

@Shanus wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I haven't seen the show yet, just commenting on the "Twiggy Dupes". In general, Isaac started out w/ classic fashion, designed to fit well, fashionable, tasteful, wearable, etc. Remember at a point he stopped designing the line and was told what would have his name on it? Yep, agree, got tired of the flowered cardigans, peplums and everything with lace. Also think there must be other pants than the 24/7 style to try. 

He has never designed the line.   It was a Liz Claiborne line. 

@NYCLatinaMe   When he came to Q, it was Liz Claiborne? Don't remember that.

@Shanus No, it was IsaacMizrahiLive!, but that is just the name of the line, it was manufactured by the Liz Claiborne people, which was also on the Q.  Many lines have the same manufacturers, like cosmetics.  I used to watch him more regularly at the beginning, I have never heard him say he designs the line, he used to say he styled it, and he would draw pictures of stylings.  Since then Liz Claiborne went out of business and I believe someone else is doing the line, but I have not kept up.  He seems to repeat himself a lot.  I liked the lace when he first started doing it but I don't need much of it.  He completely lost me in the peplums, I don't think I have purchased since.  i believe he just pitches the product, which has his name.  He is busy doing performance shows in NYC.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I haven't seen the show yet, just commenting on the "Twiggy Dupes". In general, Isaac started out w/ classic fashion, designed to fit well, fashionable, tasteful, wearable, etc. Remember at a point he stopped designing the line and was told what would have his name on it? Yep, agree, got tired of the flowered cardigans, peplums and everything with lace. Also think there must be other pants than the 24/7 style to try. 

He has never designed the line.   It was a Liz Claiborne line. 

@NYCLatinaMe   When he came to Q, it was Liz Claiborne? Don't remember that.

@Shanus No, it was IsaacMizrahiLive!, but that is just the name of the line, it was manufactured by the Liz Claiborne people, which was also on the Q.  Many lines have the same manufacturers, like cosmetics.  I used to watch him more regularly at the beginning, I have never heard him say he designs the line, he used to say he styled it, and he would draw pictures of stylings.  Since then Liz Claiborne went out of business and I believe someone else is doing the line, but I have not kept up.  He seems to repeat himself a lot.  I liked the lace when he first started doing it but I don't need much of it.  He completely lost me in the peplums, I don't think I have purchased since.  i believe he just pitches the product, which has his name.  He is busy doing performance shows in NYC.

@NYCLatinaMe   I have ordered many Pima cotton tees. Love them, but that's it.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Speaking for myself, if I didn't purchase clothing from QVC, I wouldn't spend time watching the clothings shows and I certainly wouldn't continually start threads to insult the lines, designers or people who wear the clothing since it wouldn't pertain to me at all.   

^ this.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, the Model in the Middle is Colleen Corby, she was 3verywhere in the 60's!

@PMG055 wrote:

Ok the model in the middle was my absolute favorite when I was 13-14 years old. Always modeling in the fashion catalogues and the McCall's and simplicity pattern catalogues. She was everywhere. Does anyone know her name?

Occasional Contributor

Colleen Corby, she was everywhere in the 60's!

Valued Contributor

I am a granny but would not wear most of the stuff he peddles.  So darn sick of the peplum - the lace - the pima cotton tee shirts - the sleeveless - the huge flowers - definitely the pants and OMG alll those flowery cardigan sweaters.  Years ago when he first started he sold a lot of his stuff at Target and that was nice stuff - nothing like what he sells now.  Probably right - someone bought him out because he has way too much time on tv if he was designing.  And if QVC is trying to draw in the 30 year olds then get rid of those totally ugly shoes - mary jane everything.  I work hard to keep myself up and I'm 77 almost 78 and wear heels and boots - non sleeveless tops and jumpsuits and am a size 8.  QVC please get rid of the donated to charity styles and material!  Oh well do what you want because I do not buy anything anymore after 33 years when QVC was the bomb!