Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's gone full granny

[ Edited ]

@PMG055 wrote:

Ok the model in the middle was my absolute favorite when I was 13-14 years old. Always modeling in the fashion catalogues and the McCall's and simplicity pattern catalogues. She was everywhere. Does anyone know her name?

@PMG055 @catwoman48 

I don't recognize anyone, but googled her name someone else mentioned.  Wow.  Was she adorable!  There is a whole bunch of pictures from that era and the outfits are so darned cute.  And timeless. 

I would wear the dresses today!  Looking at those pictures really put me in a nice place.  Flashback to my childhood.

My mom had a dress like the ones pictured, hers was sort of harlequin designed.  Black on one side, white on the other--for the front and then the back was the opposite.  It wasn't cotton, but more of a chiffon-type material. 

Oh goodness, and she wore a *frosted* wig.  Remember when women got their hair highlighted, but called it frosted?

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight 

Thats model Coleen Corby in the center.  Jean Shrimpton isn’t in this group. (I used to love both of them!)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@PMG055 wrote:

Ok the model in the middle was my absolute favorite when I was 13-14 years old. Always modeling in the fashion catalogues and the McCall's and simplicity pattern catalogues. She was everywhere. Does anyone know her name?

i do but forgot

it's not Jean Shrimpton 

Colleen Corby

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I missed the presentation, but the thread title is hilarious!

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I haven't seen the show yet, just commenting on the "Twiggy Dupes". In general, Isaac started out w/ classic fashion, designed to fit well, fashionable, tasteful, wearable, etc. Remember at a point he stopped designing the line and was told what would have his name on it? Yep, agree, got tired of the flowered cardigans, peplums and everything with lace. Also think there must be other pants than the 24/7 style to try. 

He has never designed the line.   It was a Liz Claiborne line. 

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I haven't seen the show yet, just commenting on the "Twiggy Dupes". In general, Isaac started out w/ classic fashion, designed to fit well, fashionable, tasteful, wearable, etc. Remember at a point he stopped designing the line and was told what would have his name on it? Yep, agree, got tired of the flowered cardigans, peplums and everything with lace. Also think there must be other pants than the 24/7 style to try. 

He has never designed the line.   It was a Liz Claiborne line. 

@NYCLatinaMe   When he came to Q, it was Liz Claiborne? Don't remember that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Q is still hoping to grab that younger audience. So that explains Isaac (& others) showing lots of sleeves, tighter fitting clothes, shorter skirts and more youthful clothing OR go to the extreme and present styles that are outdated. Certainly there's something down the middle. Those clothes are online, in stores...why can't QVC find them? Just don't purchase from Q anymore. Nothing for me. 

Honored Contributor

Speaking for myself, if I didn't purchase clothing from QVC, I wouldn't spend time watching the clothings shows and I certainly wouldn't continually start threads to insult the lines, designers or people who wear the clothing since it wouldn't pertain to me at all.   

Trusted Contributor

I am upset with what Isaac shows now. I don’t think he designs much of his line anymore. Everything is “ essential” and so much repetition. I think he’s too busy with his other endeavors and they are just coasting on his name. Nothing has the wonderful details and uniqueness that his line once had. I miss his scarves, his dresses ( not this years), his shoes. He was the main reason I shopped QVC. Actually Denim & Co comes up with better designs now (occasionally). I’ve been buying online from my B&M stores since the flu started. His current line is not geared to the younger crowd at all. I shop a lot online and a all those long tops are not what they make for the young. I should know because I started shopping in both women’s and teen departments for my tops. So the comment about them changing because of young people going out does not apply to Isaacs line at all. It’s not what they would want.
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 I rarely watch his shows because I don't like his current offerings. But when I have tuned in, it seems like he is surprised by some of the things being shown. As if he is seeing it for the first time.