Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's Pima cotton shirts

@BirkiLady wrote:

Since IM "pima cotton" is not 100% pima, I won't buy them. I continue to buy my 100% pima cotton tees from LL Bean. They are beefier, better made and guaranteed for more than 30 days. Plus, you have an array of styles! Take your choice of necklines and arm lengths in a large selection of colors. No shrinkage, ever. Order $75 worth and the shipping is free. Doesn't get much better than LL Bean's pima cottons IMO. 

I also like LL Bean and many, if not all of their pima cotton t-shirts are actually cheaper than Isaac's.

The problem is, unless you reach that free shipping threshold, their s/h is expensive.     

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

Since IM "pima cotton" is not 100% pima, I won't buy them. I continue to buy my 100% pima cotton tees from LL Bean. They are beefier, better made and guaranteed for more than 30 days. Plus, you have an array of styles! Take your choice of necklines and arm lengths in a large selection of colors. No shrinkage, ever. Order $75 worth and the shipping is free. Doesn't get much better than LL Bean's pima cottons IMO. 

I also like LL Bean and many, if not all of their pima cotton t-shirts are actually cheaper than Isaac's.

The problem is, unless you reach that free shipping threshold, their s/h is expensive.     

I ordered  some from J Jill during a clearance for less than $20 per shirt.  They are VERY nice.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Contributor

You should try Isaac's  Pima tees...they are second to none!

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse  - I agree with you.  I was thinking about buying but all the posts about shrinking have scared me away.  I would never purchase a t-shirt (especially one that looks like a t-shirt) that can't go into the dryer.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva  Actually, I just placed an order with LL Bean that was 10 cents under the $75. That was a first! Debated about ordering something else, but didn't really need (or want) anything enough to warrant ordering something just to receive free shipping. So, I paid for my own shipping.

It was under $8.00 for a robe and a top for UPS delivery to Nebraska! Equal to QVC's slow S&H for such items. I don't consider that expensive when it arrives within a couple of days!! No waiting; never someone's return. If I don't like it or need an exchange, LLB is quick and easy!! I'll pay my own S&H if I don't spend the $75.00. Their great service is worth it. 

ETA: Best of all, LL Bean will back-order items for their customers! I currently have two pairs of my favorite jeans on back-order. They aren't expected to be in stock until mid-February. They were so appologitic, but I didn't care. My order will be among the first filled when they arrive in the LLB warehouses! QVC would never do that for their customers. I've worn their 100% cotton denim with the fly front, slim hips & thighs and straight legs forever. QVC jeans would drive me crazy.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

IM's pima cotton tees are beautiful but sadly don't fit me. I have ordered twice and had to return, so no more. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a dozen Isaac Pima cotton tees and about a dozen LLBean Pima cotton tees. I love both companies for different looks.

You only have to buy a $50 minimum on LLbean for free shipping. At least that is what I pay for and it is on top of their website.

Honored Contributor

Whenever I see this laborious and time consuming selling of anything, I figure they overbought the item.  To say it another way, it isn't meeting sales projections.

Honored Contributor

I received my first Isaac pima cotton purchase that I bought for $20 on clearance. Tried it on and it felt so nice and fits well.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

@GenXmuse  - I agree with you.  I was thinking about buying but all the posts about shrinking have scared me away.  I would never purchase a t-shirt (especially one that looks like a t-shirt) that can't go into the dryer.

I NEVER put any of my clothes in the dryer --- heat is BAD for clothes. I put my clothes on a dryer rack in my garage and the following day it's almost dry. Then I hang up on oversized hooks in my bedroom.Some of my clothes from the Q are over 20 years and in perfect condition.