Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's Pima cotton shirts

I am also a fan of Isaac's pima cotton tees, they hold up well. I wash in cold  water and hang to dry. I agree that they are as nice as L.L.Bean's. I'm always checking for new colors. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a number of them.  The only ones I do not like is the set that was the TSV.  It had a solid and a stripe. The material of those is definitely thinner and they are more close fitting.  The seams are almost scratchy on the arms too.

I should have sent them back.  I suspect because they were a TSV, the quality was less than the usual great quality.  I recently ordered 3 more of his pima t-shirts for the fall/winter and they are fabulous and the quality I expected.  

I wash mine and hang them to dry.  I've never had an issue with them shrinking nor do they pill or stretch out of shape.  I have cheap t-shirts from other places and Isaacs are heads and tails above them in quality. The cheapies have their place but they don't compare.  

Esteemed Contributor

Since IM "pima cotton" is not 100% pima, I won't buy them. I continue to buy my 100% pima cotton tees from LL Bean. They are beefier, better made and guaranteed for more than 30 days. Plus, you have an array of styles! Take your choice of necklines and arm lengths in a large selection of colors. No shrinkage, ever. Order $75 worth and the shipping is free. Doesn't get much better than LL Bean's pima cottons IMO. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I just ordered my first Isaac pima cotton shirt yesterday on a lunchtime special. $19 and change. In forest teal- I got an Isaac sweater on clearance in that color and I love it. Matches a special scarf perfectly.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Contributor

I love his pima cotton shirts...just wish they didn't wrinkle so badly.  Obviously I'm doing something wrong!

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I just ordered my first Isaac pima cotton shirt yesterday on a lunchtime special. $19 and change. In forest teal- I got an Isaac sweater on clearance in that color and I love it. Matches a special scarf perfectly.

I've bought most of his shirts/pants on lunchtime specials! Great deal!!!! Woman Wink

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I am also a fan of Isaac's pima cotton tees, they hold up well. I wash in cold  water and hang to dry. I agree that they are as nice as L.L.Bean's. I'm always checking for new colors. 

@RetRN @I agree, there is no difference between the LLBean tops to 'Isaac's.   They both have the same good quality.   I just ordered his new Raglan Sleeve long sleeve top he showed today.  Got the cream colored, navy, and the lime green.  Price was fabulous.  Buy more, save more.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have several Isaac long sleeve, 100% cotton tops - and 2 pima cotton turtlenecks and 2 elbow sleeves. I NEVER put them in my dryer and none has ever shrunk.

Esteemed Contributor

Too $$ for tees.

Valued Contributor

I have a bunch of these.  Love them.  I put them in the dryer and they are fine -- no shrinking.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...