Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's Floral Cardigans

I have a number of his floral cardigans...and also have cardis from a catalogue famous for it's cardigans. I like the soft suited look...it works for my career field much better than a formal suit does.

I also have his tile print...he seems to be doing more geometrics lately.

Contributor

Cool "When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky" Okay, thanks.

Honored Contributor

I love some of his floral cardigans. I just don't need anymore. Most of the ones he offers are far too short for someone with a long torso. The ones I have are a bit longer. I donated the shorter ones. I especially love to match his scarves with his sweaters. I think it's such a pretty and almost "boutique-like" look. I wore a few of his sweaters and matching scarves to a meeting in Orlando recently, and they were perfect.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Oh man. Some of those cardigans look pretty awful in the pictures, but some of them are ugly in person but photograph well. I got hooked by a few of those. One was black with giant flowers on it, a former TSV I purchased on "as is." The other one, the peony blossom in pistachio. (What was I thinking!). The black one is much better quality than the peony blossom one, and it wasn't so odd looking right out of the box. The peony blossom cardi was a nice spring color so I soldiered on with it, wore it to work a few times, its loud and garish greenish yellow print screaming off of my body, clashing with my Jag cords and my pink complexion. It found a new home via eBay, and I am ever so thankful it is gone out of my closet. The black one isn't far behind. I just think that the quality of these items isn't worth the price, and most of the prints leave a lot to be desired.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 terrier3 said:

I have a number of his floral cardigans...and also have cardis from a catalogue famous for it's cardigans. I like the soft suited look...it works for my career field much better than a formal suit does.

I also have his tile print...he seems to be doing more geometrics lately.

OK---what catalog is known for its cardigans?

I like the one IM cardigan I have but have not seen another one which I would wear. Some of the wilder ones could be toned down worn open with a solid tank or whatever underneath. I enjoy wearing them buttoned up. Two layers is often too hot.

Contributor

Well, if you don't like florals then don't buy them.
I LOVE Isaacs floral cardigans. I have 13 of them and 3 floral jackets. I just ordered another jacket and his new floral 24/7s. Each cardigan is a beautiful painting, rich and vibrant always saturated with color. Isaacs clothes make me feel young and well put together. He is an amazing designer.
Bravo Isaac!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:
On 1/26/2015 Goldengate8361 said:
On 1/26/2015 happy housewife said:

Well, clearly, since YOU are over that trend, no one else should have the opportunity to buy a floral sweater anymore. Shame on IM for continuing to offer something YOU are no longer interested in buying.

This is a board. It's ok to share an opinion.

And this is MY opinion. See , sharing opinions means everyone - if they agree with you or not - gets to express their opinion.

That's just ugly.  Feel better?

Trusted Contributor

I don't purchase Isaac's cardigans, but I think they are beautiful.  If you know how to put your fashion together for your coloring, age, style, etc., he designs some of the most on  trend today. I love his use of color, and the many florals. But I think you need to select and wear them carefully and not have an "over-excited" look! 

Honored Contributor

@annabella_1 wrote:

I was going through my clothes.. and I got rid of every floral cardigan to Good Will I ever bought. WHAT WAS I THINKING WHEN I BOUGHT THEM. Loud, ugly and embarrassing!

Embarrassing?  That's an odd term to describe something you obviously liked enough to buy!

I can see wanting to move on and donate, but to say you were embarrassed....I don't quite "get" that comment.

I still have some of his floral cardis, and I like them!  I also like the matching scarves.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"