Regular Contributor

Re: Isaac's Floral Cardigans

I love the floral cardigans and own about 6 of them. They make me feel cheerful and springy.

If someone doesn't like them, that's ok. It's a big world and there is room for us all!

Honored Contributor

Floral prints are classics. I love them. IMO, all or most of them are very flattering in all sizes. I love paisley, and I'll take a look at the one posted above.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I wish his cardigans he made were much smaller scale prints...the large ones remind me of my grandma's draperies.....and the huge flowers are not flattering on anyone IMO
Respected Contributor

I think we all have phases. Mine was corporate, then floral--just after I retired, now on to soft corporate. The trend that does not suit me is sporty. All personal phases.

Honored Contributor

On 1/26/2015 annabella said:
On 1/26/2015 sparklestar said:
On 1/26/2015 annabella said:

I was going through my clothes.. and I got rid of every floral cardigan to Good Will I ever bought. WHAT WAS I THINKING WHEN I BOUGHT THEM. Loud, ugly and embarrassing!

So why did you buy them? Did you want the look of loud and ugly?

I must have been mentally ill.... LOL! Watching QVC is like brain washing! But sometimes you do not come out of the fog until you really take a look at your closet and go OMG!{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} We all need a wake up call....

That's for sure!!!!! I'm short and "fell" for some of the shark and asymmetrical hems.....not a good look for me at all. Learned my lesson.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/26/2015 pas4116 said:
On 1/26/2015 happy housewife said:

Well, clearly, since YOU are over that trend, no one else should have the opportunity to buy a floral sweater anymore. Shame on IM for continuing to offer something YOU are no longer interested in buying.

Please read your own signature quote.

Excellent advice! (How ironic!... LOL)
Esteemed Contributor

I don't doubt that Isaac and QVC understand and respect both points of view on this topic. That said it is unmistakable that Isaac has... for better or worse... made the floral cardigan a staple of his QVC line. He does offer a few solids and alternatives for those who may like his cardigan styles and quality, but don't want to buy anymore of the florals. To me the "better" part of this scheme is that for those who have become collectors of his floral prints, and want to buy various prints in multiple colors, he never leaves them short of something new to buy. The "worse" part is that those who have had enough feel bored by seeing the prints in every Isaac show whether it's one of his weekly hours, one of the late night/early AM shows with Jacqui Stafford, or just an appearance of the line in other QVC fashion shows.

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2015 lolakimono said:

Well, today he brought paisley! A262077

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Engineered Paisley Print

THIS is frankly a nightmare! Just really bad.

Trusted Contributor

Most of his florals are too literal and old-fashion looking. I'm sure it's more QVC's idea than Issac's though to flood his shows with them. They get an idea and are like a dog with a bone.

Occasional Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Desertdi said:

I want some nice ""jailbird"" stripes........so there (!)

LOL! Or how about a nice orange jumpsuit?