Frequent Contributor

Re: Isaac's Floral Cardigans

On 1/26/2015 silkyk said:

The only floral sweaters I went cra$y over here on Q were the Gabriella T pale pastel floral ones. Oh so pretty! Miss this line.

I, too, loved her pieces. I still own several. Those were like pieces of art.
Super Contributor

Hi, ~k~!

I saw your "name" and couldn't resist stopping by to say hi. How are you?

My brother and his family were in Dallas recently for a visit. As you may recall, they live in Brevard. My dad and his wife recently bought a retirement home, also in Brevard, about two miles away from my brother. My dad said there is a creek that runs along the back of their property and mountain views from the front. They are very excited about downsizing and moving to a smaller community.

I hope all is well in your world, my NC friend!

Hugs,

Maddie

Trusted Contributor

This thread is a hoot. Obviously, some people love floral cardigans, while others prefer nothing but solids. Some people think one or two florals are more than enough; some want a closet-full of flowery fashions. Some people bought a carload of florals and later questioned their judgment. And now some ladies are lobbing snarky comments at one another, because of course only one approach can be right, right?

Actually, you know, it's all OK! Something for everyone. I'm guessing Isaac won't keep offering cardigans if nobody buys them. So far, they're selling well, so he will probably offer more of them. If you don't like them, I suggest you don't buy any. There, now. The problem is solved!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/26/2015 happy housewife said:

Well, clearly, since YOU are over that trend, no one else should have the opportunity to buy a floral sweater anymore. Shame on IM for continuing to offer something YOU are no longer interested in buying.

Please read your own signature quote.

Honored Contributor

Well, today he brought paisley! A262077

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Engineered Paisley Print

Honored Contributor

I want some nice ""jailbird"" stripes........so there (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I have these 3 sweaters and don't really want any more.

Edited to add that I really enjoy these three sweaters, I just don't feel the need to buy more.

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Damask Jacquard Sweater Coat
Isaac Mizrahi Live! Damask Jacquard Sweater Coat

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Snake Jacquard Boyfriend Cardigan
Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

I own a bunch of his prints. About 6. Two are not floral but are mixed prints. I get compliments all the time on these. I love them. But I would like to see some plain or different types of T's and cardigans too. I also purchased two of his floral t shirt dresses last spring. They are the same print in two colors. The cardigans I bought are two colors in one print and three colors in another print. Some of his florals are too loud for me. But I adire the ones I w purchased. I don't mind people disagreeing but please don't act as if they are all fashion disasters. It's rude. I think isaac is a very good designer.
Valued Contributor

My cardigans are solids and a couple patterned ones. I get more use out of a solid with a designed or colored top or scarf.

I don't have any QVC cardigans.

Super Contributor

Agreed, I loved the solid 'essentials' one he just had on for a change! I fast forward when I see the florals....