Trusted Contributor

I don't own any tops from the Q but do have some excellent cotton tees from J Crew, Calvin Klein, J Jill and similar and they last for years without any shrinkage or pilling.  I am OCD about pilling so I really avoid brands that have that tendency.

I also found from some purchases this summer that the combo of cotton and modal makes for a really lovely top/tee.  Wear super well and are so soft - zero shrinkage or other flaws.

My guess is that the differences and the pitfalls of cotton that doesn't fare well is directly related to the quality of the cotton to begin with.  There is a wide variance in the degrees of quality and somehow, I tend to doubt that QVC often opts for the top of the line.

Issac is not really hands on with his QVC line - his primary job is to sell it to the viewers.  If you watch closely in some shows, Shawn often gives Issac a heads up when an item is brand new because he really often has no clue.

Re: Isaac and 100% cotton

[ Edited ]

If cotton hasn't been pre-shrunk it will shrink when you wash and dry it.  If your 100% cotton  clotheing from QVC is shrinking this is likely the problem. I imagine not pre-shrinking is cheaper. It puts the responsiblity of garment not shrinking on the buyer.  This has not been a problem with clothing from JJill or Chicos. I don't like having to treat every day clothing with kid gloves. QVC should make pre-shrunk a requirement. 

Respected Contributor

I love 100% cotton. I have never had a problem with shrinkage.

When the items are new, I wash them in cold water and put them in the dryer for maybe 10 minutes, then allow them to air dry. After a while, they can be put in the dryer to dry completely.

I am not a fan of polyester.

Contributor

My favorite T-shirts of late have been Eddie Bauer-they are a blend of cotton,modal and just a little spandex. I can pick them up at Sam's club for around $10. They feel great,have had no issues with shrinkage or fading!!