Honored Contributor
My question was only that. Every single show 😎 lol
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't mind the sunglasses on the models for clothing shows.

What I think is silly are when hosts wear them on the top of their head during shows.  There are a few on HSN who do this.  Whether it is a clothing show or jewelry show or whatever they are presenting, I think it looks foolish. They are wearing them on their head as an accessory but it looks silly to me.

I think Robert Verdi looks ridiculous with sunglasses on the top of his head all the time. 

Oh, dear, I've been known to push my sunglasses on top of my head, like a headband, when I go inside.

Well, I wear tight pants and sunglasses on the top of my head.

I'm sure there are more things I do wrong.  Smiley Happy

i do it also.......and if it isnt a pair of sunglasses then it is a pair of readers! that is why i like to have a wardrobe of sunglasses and readers. i can match them to my outfits.

and to the poster who talked about wearing a lot of black.......i have a huge black wardrobe! i do still buy prints and bright colors, but my closet is probably 75% black items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't mind the sunglasses on the models or that IM and the New Yorkers always wear black, they are just trying to look simply chic darling! LOL

Honored Contributor

I also think it's all part of the styling....

But here's a practical thought.... stage lights are terribly/awfully bright and if one of the models has had an optical appointment, had her eyes dilated and came right back to work then a pair of sunglasses under those klieg lights would really help.... just throwing that in (after having my eyes dilated last week).... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Why does every model wear sunglasses?

Maybe they are blind?

Is that supposed to be funny? 

No. It was an observation of people wearing sunglasses inside a studio. It was the only reason I could come up with. Why else would someone wear dark glasses inside? I wondered why myself.

the models wear sun glasses with other designers like SG, D&C, Halston....IM, particularly associated the sun glasses with Audrey Hepburn and with the ankle pants, it was "her look" 

Esteemed Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

@SharkE, Isaac is from NYC.  Nearly everyone here wears black.  Commuting to work on the subway one day, I just happened to notice that EVERYONE in that car, men and women, were wearing black, except for me.  I had to laugh to myself because it looked like the entire subway car was going to a funeral.  Last fall I went to Lord & Taylor to browse around the coat department.  The majority, and I mean majority, of the inventory was black.  Since I already own a black coat, I turned around and left.  I can assure you that wearing black is a NYC thing.

He wears black as he is self conscious about his weight and black is slimming 

Respected Contributor

Maybe sunglasses are supposed to make the model look sophisticated, mysterious.  I don't care.  His clothing is nice, and that's what's important.  Isaac is fine wearing black. Dressing otherwise could be a distraction.  Besides, it's simple for him; he doesn't have to think about what to wear tonight.

Frequent Contributor

It's a hook or a trademark.....something different to distinguish the designer's programs from the other fashion designer segments.

It doesn't bother me one bit.....