Trusted Contributor

@elatedI am little. I wanted Amy to take off her jacket. She is 5'2", I am 5' (and a smidge Smiley Happy)

It would be a one time wear for me, I do not go to weddings or showers much anymore, and it certainly is not a daily dress (or a beach cover up, haha, as he suggested).

My son has 5 weddings to attend this year! He is lucky, suits and switch up the shirt and tie. He is of the age where all his friends are getting married.

But for me, a wedding or a baby/bridal shower is the only dressy events I wear a dress. I am jeans and a nice shirt otherwise.

Still pondering.

Edited to add: Amy took off the jean jacket! It looks good on her. I wanted to see the sleeve length. I think I could work with that dress. For $44 it is a good deal.

Frequent Contributor

Is this an everyday dress? Where can you wear this type of dress?

Honored Contributor

gabs...."barnstyle wedding" indicates, to me, that boho chic might be an appropriate choice.  You are wondering if the dress is "too young" and I see mature when I look at this dress.  In the end, I think you ought to wear whatever appeals to you and feel comfortable in for the occasion.  Go and have fun!

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

gabs...."barnstyle wedding" indicates, to me, that boho chic might be an appropriate choice.  You are wondering if the dress is "too young" and I see mature when I look at this dress.  In the end, I think you ought to wear whatever appeals to you and feel comfortable in for the occasion.  Go and have fun!

@gabstoomuch-

For a barnyard style wedding, I'm getting the same vibe of more boho chic like @phoenixbrd.  The main thing is that you're comfortable and happy with what you wear.  The only thing that bothers me is you don't get a true feel for the fit of the garment itself.  So many wide shots.  One model started to turn around and caught herself.   I get the feeling this isn't as fitted as it should be maybe, and that's why the models are wearing sweater jackets over them.  I'd watch closely today.  I just get the feeling they're hiding the dress too much due to a possible sizing problem.

Respected Contributor

@gabstoomuch  Isaac had a lace dress TSV a couple years ago (very similar to this one) and I bought it to wear to a wedding and I was very comfortable in it. His lace is stretchy and soft. I'm also petite and I thought the dress fit fine on a petite.  I'm a couple inches taller than you so the dress (in a small) came just above my knees so at your height I think the dress would be over your knees.  It certainly is a good price. Enjoy the wedding!

Honored Contributor

I am not a lace person so I am not interested. For all who buy - enjoy! 

Honored Contributor

This is at least the 3rd year that the "lace dress" has appeared as a TSV, it is short and boxy & not a flattering look. I ordered one of the previous versions and at 5 ft tall it was way to short

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

that is my problem. His line runs a bit small and I am between sizes. With the costs of returns I won't order his line anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Where would I wear this TSV dress? Daytime wedding-? Don't have one planned. Shower? I have other dresses and outfits to wear. I saw a woman seated in front of me wearing the last TSV lace dress at church once. Looked cute on her more petite self. The cap sleeves on the TSV do not flatter. The style does nothing for Leah. The proportions do not flatter.

The price is okay, but I have learned that buying clothing based on price alone is no bargain for me.

Respected Contributor

Doesn't come in a petite length, bummer. What else is new.