Super Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi talks about clothing for"" plus size"" women

Over the years the Q has offered a few men's items but rarely and very limited. Since many women purchase for their guy I don't see why not adding more classic items. The Q 's line of plus sized is special because there are few B & M stores where regular and plus sized are the same actual item and for the same price. It make plus sized women feel just like our thin sisters and for the same price. It evens the playing field.......these days that that makes all the difference.....
Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2014 PKB said:
On 3/21/2014 Hooty said:
On 3/20/2014 PinkSugar said:

I think it's silly for a plus size to expect to look like the size 2 model in a garment.

Oh give me a break ............ do you really think they expect that??? You are delusional!

Explain to me then why anyone who is a plus size, would buy something that is only being modeled on a size 2!

When the models come out it looks cute on the xxs, but then the the 1x comes out and and it doesn't look even half as good. Delusional is thinking it will when it arrives!

How about because the body proportions of some plus-sized women are similar to the proportions of the size 2 model, not those of the plus sized model modeling that day? Guess what? Not all plus-sized women have the same shape!

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 3/24/2014 PKB said:
On 3/21/2014 Hooty said:
On 3/20/2014 PinkSugar said:

I think it's silly for a plus size to expect to look like the size 2 model in a garment.

Oh give me a break ............ do you really think they expect that??? You are delusional!

Explain to me then why anyone who is a plus size, would buy something that is only being modeled on a size 2!

When the models come out it looks cute on the xxs, but then the the 1x comes out and and it doesn't look even half as good. Delusional is thinking it will when it arrives!

How about because the body proportions of some plus-sized women are similar to the proportions of the size 2 model, not those of the plus sized model modeling that day? Guess what? Not all plus-sized women have the same shape!

Seriously. You think a plus size has similar proportions as a size 2 and that a plus size will look the same in the clothes as the size 2?

For the record I am a large on top and a medium on the bottom and I know I would never look like the size 2 model in anyone's mirror?

Honored Contributor

QVC has tried selling a few lines of men's shirts, sweaters and pants. Must not have been profitable for them. They even had a male model or maybe 2.

Valued Contributor

I am a plus size gal and LOVE Isaac's clothes! That look fabulous on me, the colors, prints, cut, everything. Now his pants I can't wear, as I don't like a modern waist, but its personal taste. I dress for myself, if I feel I look pretty then I am! Period, that's it. Dressing for yourself gives you confidence and makes you feel good. And I do believe he considers larger women when designing.
Respected Contributor

I think fashion designers in general are missing out on a huge market to sell.

Why NOT make more plus size fashions? Is it beneath them if someone is larger than a size 2?

What size woman doesn't want to look good? Looks like many clothes could be proportioned to a larger size.

Don't they want to make more money?

Hyacinth