Honored Contributor

I also posted this in the IM forum, but wanted to get as many responses as possible so am posting here as well.

There will be an IM TSV in January for a relatively recent style of pull-on jean that Gloria Vanderbilt started and other businesses have started to do.

The GV jeans are of a nice quality material like their Amanda jeans, and stretch considerably. I first purchased an 18W and they were slightly too large, so went with a 16W which are snug but stretching slowly and totally wearable.

I purchased a similar pair from Blair and their 16W is very snug and because the fabric is cheaper and less stretchy I don't think they will work.

My question - what is the fabric like in the IM jeans - good quality/good stretch, or not so much. Do you think they run small, large or true to size? So much QVC clothing runs larger than true, but don't know about IM's. There is no sizing available for the TSV but I looked at a chart for his other jeans. It doesn't help me a lot. I am large in the waist and somewhat in the stomach, and proportionately narrower in the thighs.

Any feedback would be appreciated - thanks! Don't really want to go through the sending back and exchanging unless absolutely necessary :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi jeans

[ Edited ]

Never mind...found them (inseam too short).

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF, the length on existing IM jeans is listed as 32", so I'm assuming it would be the same, for Regulars - but as someone recently pointed out in the Suggestions forum, when there is an advance TSV listing they don't give any sizing/measurements, so people  who might want to advance order (as I might) have no measurements to go on.

I bought the jeans at Kohl's, but they seem to have disappeared. Sears has had them. If you google them they come up here and there, but I have 16W and all of what comes up now is just Misses/Womens, no Plus. I'm afraid GV ditched making them. They are the "Avery" style. Every store has the Amanda style (with fly) but I prefer the pull-on Avery...which has kinda disappeared. I bought them last spring.

But it would be helpful to me to know how people think IM jeans fit in general - small, large, true-to-size, small here, large there, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, I just searched for the GV...JCP and Belks also came up (in case you might find them there).  If the IM jeans indeed do have a 32" inseam, I'll be tempted, but only after reviews come in...plus, TSVs don't usually have a price that makes me want to run to the phone and buy!  Thanks for the response.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

Belks has the Avery in a few colors in 16 average $18.99, if that helps.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Moonchilde

Belks has the Avery in a few colors in 16 average $18.99, if that helps.

Thanks, @MacDUFF but it has to be a 16W, not a 16 :-(

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

Darn it...it's always something, I tell ya!  Hope you find the GV in the correct size and/or the IM works out!  Have a great evening.

Contributor

The tsv jeans come in petite, regular, and tall lengths.  Petites = 29", Regular = 32", and Tall = 35". 

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernFried

Wow...the 35" inseam is going to make a lot of tall Q shoppers happy!   Did they give any other sizing info?  TIA.

Contributor

@MacDUFF

No, just the lengths.  They usually don't include the garment measurements in the insider links, don't know why.  I usually don't pre-order unless I'm pretty comfortable with a line's sizing.