Trusted Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi TSV Lace Pants

Very frumpy and cheap looking.  A big no for me and a fashion faux pas for Isaac on this mistake.  

Honored Contributor

You need to have a certain "look" to wear those pants successfully.

Definitely NOT my look!

Esteemed Contributor

I like lace detail and I like the shape of the pants, but the TSV is not connecting with me.  I suppose they would be ok to have in a wardrobe, but wearing them would be rare for me.  

Respected Contributor

They looked really impractical. A nice flowy beach pant in spring/summer prints would have been nicer.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

I love Isaac's 24/7 pants and pima tees, but I just kept thinking he must have a ton of this lace yardage left and he's using it to make these pants, kimono, tank and more.

Super Contributor

While I'm glad they come in Talls (hooray!!!) I just don't think they fit my lifestyle. 

I just know I'd sit somewhere and get a big fabric pull in the lace on my backside.

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

I love Isaac's 24/7 pants and pima tees, but I just kept thinking he must have a ton of this lace yardage left and he's using it to make these pants, kimono, tank and more.

Isaac even said he had a lot of lace in the warehouse. I went to Poshmark online and noticed there are a ton of his lace crops for sale. That is my go to place if I want to find something that might be from last year. I have found some great things on there.

Honored Contributor

I liked the pants.  I could see them in certain situations.  Obviously I wouldn't wear lace pants to work or grocery shopping.

I think it's an odd choice for a TSV because they are so limiting though.

That being said, I own some Isaac lace tops and I have found the quality to be excellant.  

Honored Contributor

@kutira wrote:

Glad you started this thread.  Is lace for everyday pants really in style?  I don't like it at all...

I have seen lace shorts for a couple years now.  I see young girls wear them and they are cute on young girls lol.  The girls I have seen wear them are thin.  

Honored Contributor

I think in order for them to be more beachy and worn over a bathing suit, they would have been cuter had they been lined only to say slightly above mid-thigh.  But then they'd be even more limiting to wear.  And I think many QVC viewers' heads would have exploded as well.