Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi TSV Lace Pants

I like lace, but not these TSV pants.

I've noticed a lot of Isaac's lace designs on lunch time special or other sale/clearance pricing.  Some I liked, but still thought they were overpriced even at a reduced price.

Respected Contributor

I like the idea of using something like lace with sportswear ... so, as others have mentioned, with a tee and sneakers. It's all in the styling, and I think it is a modern, fun look. It seems rigid, in this day and age, to think that lace is only for dress-up.

Respected Contributor

I love Isaac lace!  I have purchased several of the dresses and tops in the past.  They are always so soft and look so feminine and pretty.

Isaac also offers the stretchy lace sometimes which is just divine for packing!

Perfect cruise wear!!

I am not buying the pants because I bought the LINEA lace pants last year in white and blue.Woman Very Happy

Lace is such an exquisite and artistic creation and I am so pleased to where it whenever I can! 

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

The only casual scenario I see with those pants are with a bikini top barefoot on the beach. The tennis shoes just looks silly! Not everything can be dressed down much like not everything can be dressed up.

I happen to like the lace on my tops but I can't envision a pair of lace pants that I would wear

One thousand percent and tres chic!

Honored Contributor

There really is nothing I like about these pants.

And I've really tried to find something.  

I tried to see wearing them over a bathing suit on vacay, but they just look too heavy for that.  None of the stylings on the models work for me at all.  I think they all look kind of dreadful.

Boo.

Respected Contributor

they have shown these pants with a stripe tee shirt. am i too conservative because i think that it's an ugly look? only with a matching top or solid shirt. mixing pattern is now chic? ugh!

Honored Contributor

I would wear it for a wedding or something special where you had to dress up. I just wouldn't get much wear out of it and I hardly need more pants.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

High-rise pull-on Peyton wide-leg pant in laceItem AE593

I bought these from J Crew around the holidays in black and red.  There are still a few left online.  They are nicer than these though imo.  The legs are not quite as wide and they aren't as boxy looking as the Q ones. 

Hi Winamac

That's a totally different look quality,  black, spike heels, tiny body, different cut. They styles don't begin to compare.

I own the J. Crew pants.  I like them. They styles are a bit similar.  I should know as I bought them.  The J. Crew ones are much nicer though.    

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@AvalonRose wrote:

I love the pants but won't buy them because they look like they'd catch on everything.  Pairing them with sneakers...no.  Kinda stupid.  

I found it very interesting that Katrina has the "how to style" the pants on the home page instead of Miss Amy who seemed to be the owner of that.  I like how Katrina styled it, but she's much much taller than me so what works for her would not work for me.  Everyone have a lovely day.

I agree.  I'd never wear the ones I bought from J. Crew with sneakers. They are dressy. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Big time no and further, no to all his loud, garish floral prints. Not appealing at all...