Valued Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi Peplum Cashmere Sweater TSV

@SaRina   Unfortunately I have to agree.  The idea of this being too sheer for a winter sweater is an issue for me.  And Carolyn, what are they doing to you today?  Not attractive look on her, so it may make many of us with a similar shape rethink this purchase.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reviews! Not that I was going to spend $130 for a sweater, but I definitely would not for thin cashmere. I still think the style is cute.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Occasional Contributor

As I am watching TV I can certainly tell that this sweater is see through.  I don't want to have to wear something underneath a sweater of this style.  Carolyn did say that it is not see through but that her stylist put a LOGO tee underneath because the bright lights might show her bra on TV. I actually could see the upper part of her chest that is not covered by the tee.   If it is see through on TV is will be see through all the time.  I also noticed that the model wearing the pink has a tee underneath as well.  Looks like the darker colors are not see through like the lighter colors are.  

Esteemed Contributor

Dreadful sweater that shows off back fat and an ill fitting bra. 

Honored Contributor

I like peplum tops and I like cashmere...but this Isaac sweater is not exactly what I had in mind. For me it would have been cuter if the neckline were more open and the hemline shorter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm at the age where I just cannot do heavy sweaters or layering up of stuff.  I simply get too hot most of the time.  I don't want heavy cashmere or heavy anything.  In fact I ordered a 1 ply Diane Gilman cashmere sweater last year from HSN and the weight was perfect for me.  It has held up well. 

That being said, I know to some people $130.00 isn't a lot of money but it is to me for a single clothing purchase such as this.  I would spend $130.00 on a basic, classic sweater but I'm not spending it on a trendier item which is what I would consider this. 

Also, Isaac's peplum items in the past just don't work for me.  The seam for the peplum always hits right across my mid stomach rather than at my waist where it should.  That seam hitting incorrectly on my body looks weird as it cuts me in the wrong place. 

the last peplum knit top he did was very ill-fitting on me through my shoulders/arms/upper chest area.  It was loose across the shoulders but then got tighter so the neckline gaped on me.       

ETA:  I didn't see a presentation of this so I just went to look at the video.  IMO this isn't a true peplum like his peplum has been in the past.  This is just a voluminous tunic sweater.  I wouldn't really call this a peplum.   

Honored Contributor

I ordered this a while back (there is another thread it about somewhere around here) in black (I only wear black tops) and it was terrible look on me. I'm very tall but carry my weight in my upper body (Apple) and have a large chest/no waist. It did NOT flatter me in any way. 

I've owned and worn other designs like this but the bottom section was longer and the same length all around (non of this high low ******) and over leggings and boots looked great. THIS top was a hot mess on me.

IMHO, everyone looks huge in the hips/butt unless they have a large chest to balance it out. None of my pear shaped friends would wear something that shows off their hips and this top does. 

You couldn't see through the black top so that wasn't an issue but I hate anything you can see through and a cashmere sweater should NOT have to be worn over a blouse/cami/shirt in order to not show off your underwear. Bleh.

Respected Contributor

Don't care for it.  Too sheer, don't like the fit.  I don't think a peplum fit is for a sweater. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cashmere is like leather now.  You get what you paid for.  $130.00 seems high to us, but yes there are Cashmere all over good department stores for over $350.00.  Much better and substantial.  I'd rather spend the more expensive because I'll get the qualtiy.  This look sheer and cheap.  Plus it's peblum.  Thank god I'm not curvy.

Esteemed Contributor

When I saw the photo on the home page I wanted to see more but after clicking on it, I concluded it was a no-go for me. It looked thin and clingy. I don't need to spend that kind of money for a garment that does nothing for me.