Esteemed Contributor

Isaac Mizrahi Live! collection vs Isaac Mizrahi New York collection

What is the difference between the Isaac Mizrahi Live! collection sold on QVC and the Isaac Mizrahi New York collection sold elsewhere? I'm wondering because TSC in Canada has been selling Isaac Mizrahi clothing since last September and I bought a nice dress on clearance, when I received it it has the Isaac Mizrahi New York pink label and tags on it. I looked up the dress online via google and it's called the surplice bodice dress, it's sleeveless, made of a knit ITV jersey, the bodice is fitted but the skirt portion is flared. I got the dress in black and it's very nice. Since his lines aren't sold anywhere else in Canada and since QVC no longer ships to Canada, I would like some opinions please from ladies who have worn both lines as to what they like or don't like about the clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi Live! collection vs Isaac Mizrahi New York collection

I don't see any difference. Maybe it's just is another name for his line of clothing?

Honored Contributor

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/23/2014 lolakimono said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep!! Good call!

Honored Contributor

So dumb to have LIVE at the end. Is that on the label too?

Honored Contributor

AhhhAhhh. It's a marketing ploy. It's to make women who aren't looking for affordable items think they are buying "better" items. Other than price, there's no difference.

Regular Contributor

Xcel Brands owns both lines and their in house designers design both lines. http://www.xcelbrands.com/brands.html

Trusted Contributor

Maybe the NY line uses higher end fabrics or adds more details. The Ralph Lauren brand has many lines in different price ranges which are designed by the same group of designers.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks ladies! I looked at the Xcel Brands website and I can tell that all of the clothes being sold on The Shopping Channel are the Isaac Mizrahi Pink Label clothing. Only the handbags and shoes sold on TSC are the Isaac Mizrahi Live! brand also sold on QVC.

I wondered why TSC didn't bring in some of the floral Isaac clothing like the floral trench coat A235341 but since this is not from his Pink Label line I don't think that customers will be able to buy this from TSC. I notice that the Pink Label line is numerically sized and only goes up to a maximum of a size 16 too. From the reviews I've read on TSC the clothes also run small and narrow too so I don't think it's the same fit as the QVC's line.coat

Trusted Contributor

I was disappointed to realize that Isaac doesn't design any of the clothes he sells

on the Q.  The in-house designers at Xcel Brands do the designing.  He is a figure

head, so to speak.  Very interesting.  And I checked it out, and yes, it's true.