Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac Lace Styling

[ Edited ]

No offense, but adding a lace anything, or embellishing it with lace, to an outfit makes it look cheap. The only lace garments I own are the ones which nobody sees...under garments and sleepwear.

Esteemed Contributor

They look pretty, but I did buy one of Issac's lace tops a couple of years ago and its made of polyester lace and its very itchy. So, I wouldn't wear them anymore. I would love a nice, soft cotton lace though. A polyester lace feels like my mom's curtains.

Valued Contributor

I, on the other hand, love these lace tops. I would wear both together, and separately.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

NO

DOUBLE NO!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not like anything Mary Beth was wearing this morning  on her show with Isaac. Nothing went together at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@eadu4 🤣🤣🤣

Esteemed Contributor

Some of his lace items I love, some I hate. But to me his biggest issue is how he styles them. Too be honest his styling is really odd to me. I buy a lot of his stuff but I never style the way he does. For example the dress with tennis shoes trend only work on Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid. Cute sandals is what he should be showing.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

This look would be too much lace for me.  Maybe I would wear the tank under another piece.

I like touches of lace.  I have a couple of camis that have lace insets and look nice under deep v neck tops.  The lace kind of peeks out from the v neck.  

@4kitties 

Same here. Lace trim on a camisole or a bit of lace trim on a top is the only lace I wear. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me, scallops look so old fashioned and old lady like.  I have some of Isaac's lace dresses and one top.  With the eyelash strings at the end, with too much washing, I fear they will get all frayed.  I actually have about 5 lace dresses of his because they were at an incredibly low price, but I have never worn them anywhere.  What was I thinking? Well actually I was thinking I would wear one to my son's wedding, which is in May, but I am going to look for something else, with one of those being my backup plan.  I have worn the lace tops a few times.  I am not going to buy any more lace.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I can't believe the lace jacket sold out! My grandma never wore lace and I can't imagine where you would wear it.

I would never ever wear lace even a little bit.