Respected Contributor

I own a few of Isaac's fashions - two black mixed media moto quilted cotton jackets, a snap front jacquard flowered black peplum jacket, a lace short sleeve black tunic top with peplum.  I like them all.  I still like to look at his fashions.

Honored Contributor

@Brigitta wrote:

I've tried 2 of his peplum blouses and I just can't wear them. I'm too short waisted and they look ridiculous on me. Maybe if he tried offering petites, they might work.

@Brigitta

I love peplums but I tried one of his and had to send it back! It looked awful on me! I'm short too but I hadn't considered it being the problem

I have always loved Isaac's clothes, but yes pepplums, wide scooped necks aren't flattering if your over a size 8. I wish he would go back to his "classic polished" looks maybe even do a business suit. He did some great suits for Target back in the day. A no-iron button blouse just some nice clean lines that are not cut too slim. Miss the respectable crew neck lines.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Isaac's selections the past few months have been awful for the most part.  Anyone else wonder what is happening?  Where are all the timeless basics and traditional pieces made with nice fabric that he used to offer?  Hopefully his Spring line will improve!!!

@bargainsgirl  I definitely miss Isaac’s beautiful flowered scarves and basic tees without 3/4 sleeves, longer backs, etc. It seems he’s tried every variation of fabrics in tops, sweaters, jackets with a peplum. Enough already. I also wouldn’t mind more choices than 24/7 pants. 

Some designers must go through a period of “creative block” or more likely, Q orders what sells the best and creativity goes out the window.

Respected Contributor

I don't think Issac has anything to do with the design of the clothes line he presents.

The designers must be different as I can tell the difference lately.

That wide funky neckline on the t-shirts is not good. A true scoop or a real v neckline is lovely, this thing they are making now is not good.

The materials are much cheaper now too. 

I realize he sold his name, but were I he, I would be upset having to present some of this new line.

Valued Contributor

I was actually going to start a post how much I LOVE Isaac's clothing this year! Last night during his 9pm show, I could have bought every single item that was presented. I love how it all ties together, looks sophisicated, yet fun. Sooner than later my wardrobe will be all IM Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

I was actually going to start a post how much I LOVE Isaac's clothing this year! Last night during his 9pm show, I could have bought every single item that was presented. I love how it all ties together, looks sophisicated, yet fun. Sooner than later my wardrobe will be all IM Smiley Happy

@MandyG06

Keep doing you. You'll never please everyone! lol

As for the line I've found myself liking more pieces than usual but then it is winter and I prefer cold weather clothing to warm weather...

Respected Contributor
I loved last night’s show too. I like the wider scoop necks.
Honored Contributor

When Isaac sold his brand to XCel, it appears he sold it all, the QVC, Bloomingdale, Nordstrom, the whole kit and kaboodle and he is the front man for it.  Is that right, or do I have it all wrong?

Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

I don't think Issac has anything to do with the design of the clothes line he presents.

The designers must be different as I can tell the difference lately.

That wide funky neckline on the t-shirts is not good. A true scoop or a real v neckline is lovely, this thing they are making now is not good.

The materials are much cheaper now too. 

I realize he sold his name, but were I he, I would be upset having to present some of this new line.

He looks surprised or bewildered on seeing some things, probably b/c he's never seen it before. There's a team of designers. For all anyone knows Gary Gobin could be the designer....