Honored Contributor

Went to library today and saw he has new memoir out.

I always enjoy him although haven't had much luck (after his stint at Target) with his clothes fitting me right.

I think he is a interesting designer -

and can't wait to sit by the pool tomorrow and start reading it📚😎

Honored Contributor

Isaac talents extend far beyond his artistic genius with fashion. If you have not watched "CBS Sunday Morning" interview recommend doing so. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Isaac talents extend far beyond his artistic genius with fashion. If you have not watched "CBS Sunday Morning" interview recommend doing so. 

@Sweet_Serenity   TMI for me. Some things I just wish people could keep to themselves or in their own circle.  Airing dirty linens in public is not my cuppa java.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Excuse me? Have no idea what your speaking of. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Nonametoday 

Excuse me? Have no idea what your speaking of. 

@Sweet_Serenity   Then watch the interview and read the book. I don't want to know all the details of someone's sordid sex life.  I prefer to know only about their designs.  You have a good night.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Did watch the interview! I recommend it, remember?! No mention of sex. I have no idea what your speaking of. This is my last response on this subject. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 @Sweet_Serenity @Nonametoday 

Another thread: https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Loved-this-Isaac-Mizrahi-quote-from-an-interview-about-his-book...

his mother taught him: “learned optimism”

I think I will read this wonderful book!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac M - His Memoir

[ Edited ]

@LTT1  Barnes and Noble has Isaac's book on a special price right now. It's considerably less than QVC is charging. Isaac is well spoken, well-read and very interesting when speaking with someone of equal intellect. Imagine all his books are well done. His background is fascinating. His mom was his mentor (like many single parents).

I enjoy Isaac and his knowledge which he shares on AM programs. He is never asked anything of substance on QVC, which is a shame. Amy may bring up better subjects in her conversations with him on PM Style. I'm trying to remember to watch that show again!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

@Nonametodayum, this is a memoir, not a book about fashion. Hence the title, "IM: A Memoir", meaning, the book is suppose to have sordid details due to Isaac living such a colorful life.

Valued Contributor

I'm on the 2nd chapter and look at Isaac in a completely different light! The struggles he went through, the teasing, at such a young age and the way he was able to make sense out of it... wow. He seems to be very intelligent when he's on TV, but this book really shows his love of history, desire to know more about everything! Did I mention I'm on the 2nd chapter?!