Respected Contributor

Re: Isaac Color Blocked Dress On Now Question?

It is all about dressing properly for our individual body shape.  We all have different shapes and certain styles do or do not flatter us.  I work so hard to maintain my weight and I do not want to wear any styles that make me look bigger.

This dress did not flatter Jane's body at all.  It was also too small and looked uncomfortable.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

I wondered if Jane had the dressed pinned or clipped in the back to make it fit so tightly.  It certainly was form fitting.  Did you notice she never turned around? 

Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

It is all about dressing properly for our individual body shape.  We all have different shapes and certain styles do or do not flatter us.  I work so hard to maintain my weight and I do not want to wear any styles that make me look bigger.

This dress did not flatter Jane's body at all.  It was also too small and looked uncomfortable.

my thoughts exactly, @4kitties ! 

additionally, the way michelle looks in that dress is a SELLING POINT,  the dress fits her to a T.   why would 
"they" want to feature someone poured into a dress that is way too small and not flattering to her body type ?  would that entice people to purchase?  very confusing.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

I loved the dress but it looked terrible on Jane.  It was about two sizes too small for her and showed every bulge on her body.  Rebecca was wearing a size that fit her well and I think it looked very nice on her.  

@IamDoodles 

I think it's about their shapes. Although she's a big girl Rebecca has narrow hips. Jane is a pear-shape.

I think a lot of the world has gotten over the idea that if you have big hips that you must try to hide them and play like you don't have big hips, being ashamed of yourself.

She has big hips.  OK.  So what?  I just don't see anything that awful and it was a pretty, bright colored dress.  Why shouldn't she wear it?  Happily! 

I just feel like people should lighten up on body shaming. Few of us are perfect, and if not, we shouldn't suffer for it or have to wear sacks in dark colors.  I've never had big hips, but some days I'd trade them for other problems. . . Woman Wink

@Sooner 

Oh get over yourself and off the soapbox! That was not a judgment but simply a statement. The style of the dress accentuates hips. Period

@Andreatoo Why comment on it then?  Is it important to point out she has big hips?  Or for someone to say that's for a thin person?  I'd say judgmental and/or mean.  What's the point in trying to make fun of someone over something that trivial?  

If that's a soapbox, here I stand. 

Esteemed Contributor

i like the blocking but it calls attention to the hips.  I wouldn’t buy it cause of the placement. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the majority of the women that post to this fashion board dress to show off their figures in the best possible light; they wear to flatter ......I guess that makes us shallow because we like to look good

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Sooner 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the majority of the women that post to this fashion board dress to show off their figures in the best possible light; they wear to flatter ......I guess that makes us shallow because we like to look good

Absolutely!.  Accentuate the positive.  Sooner likes to virtue signal.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Sooner 

@Andreatoo That's great.  But just because Jane has big hips, she shouldn't be shamed and put down for wearing a pretty dress.  Just because she isn't rail thin.  What's that all about? 

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Sooner 

Absolutely!.  Accentuate the positive.  Sooner likes to virtue signal.  

@IamDoodles I just don't think putting others down because of their body makes someone look a lot more flattered themselves.  

Isaacc's Color Block Dress made me lol!  It is the EXACT uniform I wore as a waitress at W T Grant's making chili dogs in 1970!  Even the sleeve caps were the same!  I have not seen this dress in YEARS!   But I still like the vintage looks.