Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac Color Blocked Dress On Now Question?

I did like the colors of the dress and the sheen to the fabric , however  not much open in my state  so no where to go . As far as the color block  would have liked less wide panels of color block further down on the dress near the hemline. Reminds me of a Boden style dress . I would consider  buying the dress , but would have to try it on  first,

Honored Contributor

I think people worry too much sometimes about clothing. I don't think others often look beyond "that dress is pretty" and that's about all the thought they give.

If you love the dress and think it is pretty and it doesn't don't look just horrible for some reason, don't pick it to pieces!  

Wear it and enjoy it and think about how you see others!  Don't you see "them" and not every detail about their clothes?

Enjoy, be happy and wear things you think are pretty! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen Jane in lots of cute dresses but this was not one of them.

The dress is for a thin gal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamDoodles wrote:

I loved the dress but it looked terrible on Jane.  It was about two sizes too small for her and showed every bulge on her body.  Rebecca was wearing a size that fit her well and I think it looked very nice on her.  

@IamDoodles 

I think it's about their shapes. Although she's a big girl Rebecca has narrow hips. Jane is a pear-shape. If you already have hips I think the style exacerbates them

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

I loved the dress but it looked terrible on Jane.  It was about two sizes too small for her and showed every bulge on her body.  Rebecca was wearing a size that fit her well and I think it looked very nice on her.  

@IamDoodles 

I think it's about their shapes. Although she's a big girl Rebecca has narrow hips. Jane is a pear-shape.

I think a lot of the world has gotten over the idea that if you have big hips that you must try to hide them and play like you don't have big hips, being ashamed of yourself.

She has big hips.  OK.  So what?  I just don't see anything that awful and it was a pretty, bright colored dress.  Why shouldn't she wear it?  Happily! 

I just feel like people should lighten up on body shaming. Few of us are perfect, and if not, we shouldn't suffer for it or have to wear sacks in dark colors.  I've never had big hips, but some days I'd trade them for other problems. . . Woman Wink

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

@IamDoodles 

I think it's about their shapes. Although she's a big girl Rebecca has narrow hips. Jane is a pear-shape.

I think a lot of the world has gotten over the idea that if you have big hips that you must try to hide them and play like you don't have big hips, being ashamed of yourself.

She has big hips.  OK.  So what?  I just don't see anything that awful and it was a pretty, bright colored dress.  Why shouldn't she wear it?  Happily! 

I just feel like people should lighten up on body shaming. Few of us are perfect, and if not, we shouldn't suffer for it or have to wear sacks in dark colors.  I've never had big hips, but some days I'd trade them for other problems. . . Woman Wink

@Sooner 

Oh get over yourself and off the soapbox! That was not a judgment but simply a statement. The style of the dress accentuates hips. Period

Honored Contributor

The reason I wouldn't choose that:   I am 4'10".    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

You're a bitty thing aren't you? Good things come in small packages 😉

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Desertdi 

You're a bitty thing aren't you? Good things come in small packages 😉

@Andreatoo   Well, there is ONE advantage:   The only males shorter than me......are in GRADE SCHOOL (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥