Honored Contributor

Re: Is your closet confused?

No, it's different and it's me!  When I taught my juniors and seniors said they wanted to dress like me when they got out.  I consigned those clothes and went into retail clothing, sadly only one year because of my sciatic nerve and my lower back.  After being on the mend for several months, a friend called me to come work with her in a different dept store in Fine Jewelry which I did.  Loved it!

They sold Eileen Fisher as well as Ralph Lauren and most major brands and I built from there which wasn't quite as hard to do with the discount.

I wear a lot of Lauren's cotton collared shirts with leather jackets. Most of my wool jackets are Eileen Fisher and I love her big scarves. I have some pretty skirts from Lauren and Karen Kane.  

My sweaters are from Lauren, Michael Kors and Vince Camuto, and Peruvian Connection.  I like collars, stitching and texture.

I wear a lot of neutrals together with a necklace or neutrals with color.  Forest Green, true emerald green, burgandy, Fushia, dark red, and cobolt blue and pale blue.  I don't wear lace.

That's a walk in my closet.

I've always loved color.  I taught Interior Design and my mother was an artist.  

Honored Contributor

Mine's not confused.  I appear that way when I look in my closet but it's not confused; it's a wreck.  I am confused as to how to get it back on track.

Esteemed Contributor

My closet would scream in hysterics. I have all different sizes for all the different labels of clothing I have. I love your title O/P [awesome] and it put a  smile on my face. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Well. I have everything coordinated by color. but I still have too much. I need to do another purge. I don't need so many dressy clothes anymore.

Honored Contributor

My style is classic and I would estimate that 95% of my closet fits that. At my age of 50+ I know what I like and see little reason to change that.  Once in a while I will try something different, but I don't usually wear those items as much. For example, I prefer structured clothes, but own a few tunic length looser tops for slim jeans and pants. I don't wear those as often.