Respected Contributor

A couple days ago, I saw a young woman dressed in a similar way.She was walking down a major street and had on very short shorts, a swimsuit top, and an unbuttoned sweater. Her large stomach was completely exposed. I really don't think she was pregnant--just fat. She was with a guy and a teenage boy. I was pretty shocked.

Honored Contributor

I agree - when I saw this girl I was pretty startled.

Respected Contributor

A trend involves more than one person. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think the words "modest" and/or "immodest" are even worth uttering.

I'd like to be able to comprehend the motivation in the minds of women who do this. Display? Comfort? Overt pride? What?

Aesthetics are STRICTLY personal, but if I'm asked to designate one body part that I'd say "No Thank You" to, it's a strained, bloated navel decorated by a piece of jewelry, obesity or pregnancy optional.

As we have learned recently on the East Coast, even the n*pple, another body part that I revere for its function, is NOT something to which I wish to come face to.......whatever at a street crossing in NYC, body painted or not.

Then let's consider comfort. Have you ever been seated on a metal folding chair in a pair of ultra ULTRA short shorts and been asked to rise quickly? The rrrrrrrrip of sweating flesh as it separates from the metal doesn't say "cool and confident".

Pride? In WHAT???? Having more skin, more bun-in-the-oven, more NERVE than everyone else in the neighborhood?.

I have a reasonably decent looking (not gorgeous) cleavage for an old lady, and my right foot ( the one without the bunion), are the only parts of my body that I think are worth looking at, however briefly, so I choose to wear V necks and sandals, WHEN WEATHER PERMITS, not in snow or monsoon. 

Hoping that at some point the pendulum swings back a bit.........

Respected Contributor
When i was younger i liked to wear short shirts just for the shock value. It really gets the older ladies going and some of the comments they make are quite hilarious, as is this thread.
Occasional Contributor

I think this is what exactly we call as sloppy dressing. Wearing shorts with bikini tops is a trend nowadays and it does look good but we need to wear it depending on the situation and our body type. It is certainly not a pleasant sight when a pregnant woman wears it on her trip to the supermarket. There is a difference between style and indecency.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is this a new style ?

[ Edited ]

I think it's call "don't give a ******..."

Edited but starts with a d and ends in n, four letters.