Honored Contributor

We were at the farmer's market and I saw a pregnant young woman wearing a pair of short shorts that were so tight they would never have gone over her pregnant belly so she had them just up under her belly. Thus they were quite immodest in the front and her butt crack showed in the rear view. For a top she had on a bikini swimsuit top , so her entire belly and a whole lot of back fat were all exposed. She was with a boy about 14 years old and it made me wonder if that was his Mom how he felt about how really exposed she was. I certainly hope this is not a new trend for how pregnant women are going to be dressing now. My DH said "I wonder if she has a father, I wonder if he sees her looking like this"

Respected Contributor

I doubt it's a "trend" as you put it.  Maybe she felt comfortable dressed like she was ... or maybe she could not afford maternity clothes.  I don't know.  Could be any number of reasons.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, dressing horribly is becoming a trend. I think all of us, regardless of where we live, have had the experience of doing a mental double-take when we see how some people appear in public. Skimpy, overly tight garments on middle aged overweight women, or men who wear their pants way below what used to be their waist and topped with a tee shirt that reveals a hairy oversized belly, are all over the place including restaurants. People do not have to spend a fortune to look decent. They just have to have a little common sense and a mirror.

Honored Contributor

It is s least street clothing...got tired of the pj and bedroom slipper look.I hear that tops are getting shorter again so be prepared to experience a lot more skin.

Honored Contributor

Nobody guessed the correct answer yet:  It's a lack of self-respect but this observer has noted that is becoming  quite the trend. 

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

It is s least street clothing...got tired of the pj and bedroom slipper look.I hear that tops are getting shorter again so be prepared to experience a lot more skin.

That's the problem with "style."  Just because we can doesn't mean we should & some people don' t get that.  

Respected Contributor

Maybe she was hot and just didn't care. If it were 95 degrees and humid.  ) I don't blame her. I can't imagine being pregnant in the summer

If you get hot enough, style and propriety go out the window for many.

Honored Contributor

Maybe one of "the people of Walmart" escaped.  I think this trend of pregnant women wearing skin-tight knits over their bellies is gross.  I can't believe QVC allows hosts to dress like that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If people are uncomfortable they need to stay home instead of being offensive!  (I'm sure someone in the universe will find fault with that!).!

Valued Contributor

As Cary Grant once said, "I always try to look as nice as I can. Other people have to look at me."

Whatever happened to Class?