Esteemed Contributor

Is this a Hit or is it a miss? LOL

[ Edited ]

I consider myself someone who is extremely open minded when it comes to fashion, however this look (to me) was just a head scratcher.  PETA loved it, however.  Paris Fashion Week!

Schiaparelli, the brand behind the designer gown, wants to make it abundantly clear that no animals were harmed in the making of the dress.

Kylie Jenner at Haute Couture Fashion Week

Kylie Jenner flaunted a lifelike lion's head as part of her outfit at the Schiaparelli Spring/Summer 2023 fashion show Monday in Paris. (Michel Euler / Associated Press)

Another get up by the same designer that Kylie is wearing...

Doja Cat  attends the Schiaparelli Haute Couture show during Paris Fashion Week 2023 on January 23, 2023.

Lisa Rinna looks a little bit nicer to me...she's wearing Kenzo

Lisa Rinna attends the Kenzo Menswear show during Paris Fashion Week on January 20, 2023.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Is this a Hit or is it a miss? LOL

Horrible! I can't believe PETA loved it! They're really su..king up to Kylie. 

How awful! What is her reason for carrying a lion's head, whether it's real or fake?

Just another attention grabber for her. The time will come when someone else will be more "shocking" than she is!  Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

Might make any dancing kinda clumsy...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Horrible! I can't believe PETA loved it! They're really su..king up to Kylie. 

How awful! What is her reason for carrying a lion's head, whether it's real or fake?

Just another attention grabber for her. The time will come when someone else will be more "shocking" than she is!  Smiley Mad

She caught some flack for it initially.  The lion head looks so realistic.  I think it's the most ridiculous thing to accompany a dress I've ever seen.  It's supposed to be a brooch!  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

the black dress itself looks great on her, but the lions head should be ripped off.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

via MSN

The 25-year-old reality star sparked a social media firestorm when she wore the black velvet strapless dress that featured a massive embroidered lion head attached at the neckline to Schiaparelli's Spring 2023 show at Paris Fashion Week. Shayk, 37, modeled an almost identical gown when she strutted down the runway later during the show.

"I support these incredible artists who worked tirelessly, with their hands, using wool, silk, and foam, to sculpt this embroidered Lion, and image of Pride, An image that @schiaparelli invokes while exploring themes of strength," the Russia-born supermodel wrote in the caption of an Instagram post that she shared on Tuesday.

"I am honored to have been called on as well to lend my art as a woman to this," she added with a black heart emoji, tagging Schiaparelli's creative director Daniel Roseberry.

lion head dress.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

via CNN

naomi campbell.jpg

According to the show notes, the collection was inspired by Dante's "Inferno" and the nine circles of hell — a metaphor for the doubt and creative torment all artists experience, wrote creative director Daniel Roseberry.

Drawing literally from the three beasts that appear in the 14th century poem, Roseberry reimagined the leopard, the lion and the she-wolf in the collection; "representing lust, pride and avarice respectively." Naomi Campbell modeled a boxy, black faux fur coat with a wolf's head emerging from the left shoulder, while Canadian model Shalom Harlow wore a strapless snow leopard tube dress with a roaring feline head bursting through the bust.

Honored Contributor

Huge Miss for me.

Honored Contributor

shalom harlow.jpg

Respected Contributor

Emoticon zipping his mouth