Super Contributor

Re: Is this Lisa's necklace?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@bri20 wrote:
I just thought it was funny it reminded me of Lisa's necklace.

There are high dollar gold versions of this necklace out there.  I believe Lisa said she spotted this in Italy and did a knock-off.  My guess is Chico's is a knock-off as well.  LOL

Chico is following a trend without being obnoxious.  Lisa specifies constantly that she got the idea from a high end design.  There's a difference. 

It is Lisa's modus operandi to dumb down something from her collection and sell it at top dollar because it is resplendent part of Lisa.  I'm sure the one Lisa spotted in Italy and probably owns is made of gold.  Her fans get the knock-offs.  Not a noble gesture in regard to all of her followers and worshipers.  She's using her tribe to her advantage and I find that contemptable.  But that's the way in money ventures, no matter where, no matter who.  Nevertheless, I don't like how LR rubbs it in that she can afford the HE stuff.  She's subtle but never misses a beat.

Respected Contributor

omg her FACE!  Photo shopped wax!

Contributor

My sister is a big LR fan.......I am not  that being said  she bought the necklace   from Ms Robertson's website   it is

it is faux metal   costume jewlery   not real silver either as some have said

Ms Robertson did not design it  it is a knock off a  Y necklace trend right now  that is sweeping the fashion industry

Hope all have a good day

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen the Q sell a lot of fashion jewelry, like Druzy and Bronzo and Spinell, at very high prices. I wouldn't buy even fashion jewelry from LR and expect much. And because it's a knock off of something of LR's, wouldn't make a difference to me. I remember LR's silence when the GILI bags were defective and nothing was done. It took forever for her to even recognize the complaints and just kept selling.

Honored Contributor

@theladyinred wrote:

My sister is a big LR fan.......I am not  that being said  she bought the necklace   from Ms Robertson's website   it is

Ms Robertson did not design it  it is a knock off a  Y necklace trend right now  that is sweeping the fashion industry

Hope all have a good day

it said on her website that it is sterling silver. i seriously doubt that LR would sell a piece of jewelry and lie that it was sterling silver.

$78.90 plus $6.95 shipping (flat rate, per order)

the tassel necklace comes in 3 choices.....yellow, rose, white.

18K gold plated sterling silver fine chain with diamond cut round stations and tassel. Lobster claw clasp.

Measurements

Necklace – 18”, double strand
Tassel – 8”, 5 strands

Material

18K gold plated sterling silver

Origin

Made in Italy

30 day return policy, no refunds on shipping costs.

https://i2.wp.com/lisarobertson.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/tassel-necklace_gold1.jpg?fit=800%2C1204&ssl=1

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@theladyinred wrote:

Hope all have a good day

If you don't care for Lisa that is one thing but what you have stated here is not the case.  Her necklace is sterling silver with 18k overlay.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the design of Lisa's necklace, but I would prefer all silver or gold rather than plated. I realize that would be more expensive, but that's just my preference. 

Respected Contributor

She's selling jewelry on her FB page?

Honored Contributor

@qwarkster wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@bri20 wrote:
I just thought it was funny it reminded me of Lisa's necklace.

There are high dollar gold versions of this necklace out there.  I believe Lisa said she spotted this in Italy and did a knock-off.  My guess is Chico's is a knock-off as well.  LOL

Chico is following a trend without being obnoxious.  Lisa specifies constantly that she got the idea from a high end design.  There's a difference. 

It is Lisa's modus operandi to dumb down something from her collection and sell it at top dollar because it is resplendent part of Lisa.  I'm sure the one Lisa spotted in Italy and probably owns is made of gold.  Her fans get the knock-offs.  Not a noble gesture in regard to all of her followers and worshipers.  She's using her tribe to her advantage and I find that contemptable.  But that's the way in money ventures, no matter where, no matter who.  Nevertheless, I don't like how LR rubbs it in that she can afford the HE stuff.  She's subtle but never misses a beat.

There is no difference between Chicos selling that same design and Lisa selling it.  I'm not sure how you know Lisa specifies "constantly" that she got the idea from a high-end design, which IMO isn't even true, unless you are on her FB page all the time and I'm not sure why you would be given your disdain for her.  I think most people know that unless you are buying from the high-end designer, everyone else gets their ideas from them and does a version.  I suspect we will see a version of that necklace in New York & Co, Kohls, Bauble Bar, H&M, Forever 21....you name it.

Many people can't afford the high-end version of these designs or wouldn't choose to spend that kind of money on them if they could and appreciate a more cost appropriate version being made so they can enjoy the trend or the look without breaking the bank.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

She's selling jewelry on her FB page?

No. She has a website and she only sold this one piece.