Respected Contributor

Re: Is there something special about the Peace Love World line?

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@makena

Thought I made my question clear.

No, I'm not buying.

But trying to figure out if there was something in particular about this line (do they donate to a cause, created to honor something) that made it desireable or special to others.

Just curious about the background and thought someone here might know.

If it's background info you're looking for, you can check out their online site:

Designer, Creator & Visionary

"Love is not something you look for, Love is something you become."

You'll find Alina’s daily mantra imprinted onto every PLW garment. The self-made entrepreneur and designer translated her life philosophy into what has today become a global lifestyle brand.

Born in Havana, Cuba, Alina grew up in New York and Atlanta. Her spirit has long since been bubbling over with infectious optimism and unbridled energy. At 18, Alina relocated to Miami, FL, where her "loving" way of viewing the world took on a life of its own.

In 1999, Alina kicked off an annual tradition of gathering her favorite ladies for a night of camaraderie called The Love Party. Every year to follow was commemorated with a uniquely designed t-shirt incorporating her beloved symbols "Peace, Love, and Happiness". Soon, "Love Party" guests were creating buzz around town with their whimsical tees and public demand was born. Seizing the opportunity to marry demand with a desire to manifest inner Love, Alina was compelled to incorporate in 2006.

Alina is proud to still call Miami her home and the headquarters of Peace Love World. As Alina's vision for PLW evolves from those initial designs to extensive fashion collections and lifestyle accessories, so does the "Love" it has become. Alina intricately threads philanthropy into PLW's business plan, championing her favorite causes including breast cancer awareness through Susan G. Komen For The Cure and a shelter in Haiti for disabled and abandoned children.

"I have always wanted to do something like this, to tell a story, to make a difference," says Alina. From her journey starting in Havana, to New York, Atlanta, and Miami, Alina has held steadfast to what she loves and believes and built a life from, around, and through. What's next for Ms. Love, aka Alina Villasante? To stay the course, and continue to spread the "universal message of Peace, Love, and Happiness."

Esteemed Contributor

I think the line is rather sloppy looking myself..and the messages not that inspirational.........looks like a line you could buy much cheaper in local stores.....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If there is something 'special' about this line, I certainly don't see it.  Way overpriced for what it is...mediocre quality, and geared towards younger market.  Based on Ms Villasantes product line, her marketing ploy is way better!