Honored Contributor

Re: Is there ever going to be NEW any more?

Have not seen much that looks new in over a year most places. Maybe I am just old. I have no place to wear anything new even if I found something, have been getting out last spring/ summer things and they look pretty good to me right about now! Am just sick of the pleated, ruffled, bell, etc sleeves on tops, jackets, and dresses. I never see anyone wearing them here...so who buys them? Buyers need some new ideas...they seem to be recycling the same thing over and over with maybe a new color now and then. Sure saves me a lot of money.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Nordstrom has big reductions in a lot of their items. I ordered 2 tops both of which reeked of mildew. Obviously have been sitting around. They are moving their Anniversary sale to August and reducing inventory...so it’s all over I think.
Esteemed Contributor

Retailers big and small are in trouble as their inward flow of cash has ground to a halt with store closures. Even online sales won't make up for the loss of bricks and mortar sales but they are trying by unloading inventory at sales prices.

Stores like Target may be seeing bump up in sales but its needs like groceries and not wants like makeup and clothes. I see this myself when I go into a Walmart Canada or the Canadian Superstore as both sell groceries and a lot more. Nobody is looking at makeup or clothes let alone buying any of it right now.

And remember that a lot of people have lost their jobs and maybe those job losses are permanent. People are belt tightening and who knows how long that will go on for.