Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

I cannot stand anything long on my legs in the summer. I will have shorts, a short skirt, or a skort on every day in the summer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

Thanks for all the replies ladies. I'm sure you know what looks good on you, so if you love a maxi, go for it and enjoy. If, like me, you're not a fan, there are lots of other choices.

Stay cool this summer.Cool

faerie

Honored Contributor

I have very long legs - wear a 33" inseam so maxis are great for me, and I like the look. I have very dressy ones to wear out for things like weddings and very casual ones to wear to the beach over my swimsuit and ones for other days in between.

Contributor

My 18 year old daughter who is 5'8" and weighs 120 pounds looks beautiful in them. Me, at 5'2" and size 1X not so much, wont be buying unfortunately.

Super Contributor

On 4/11/2014 Bungo said:

As I have said before no one looks good in a maxi. I know, I know you get lots of compliments when you wear one. They just don't look on any one.

That's bunk, Bungo. I see lots of people that they look good on. I wish I was one. I would love to wear a little tank maxi in the summer. I guess they don't look good on you either.

Respected Contributor

On 4/11/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 4/11/2014 SoX said:

I've tried but they are not my style, either ... I have a couple and just wear them around the house.

Me too.

I'm tall, so that's not my issue. I just think they add unnecessary bulk, and many of them are aging and can look sloppy. I have a few that I wear around the house, but that's about it. And in summer, I want less fabric, not more!

I remember when they were popular many years ago, but I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing one. Kiss

NYCSusan, I agree with you. I'm 6ft tall and a lot of people think they are ok on tall ladies, but I just don't like them. I tried to like the one I bought, lol, but it's just not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I own 1 pink print maxi dress which I find is too low cut in the front so I have to layer a Rhonda Shear bra on top of a regular bra or something similar. I can't say I like the dress very much as I bought it last summer from TSC (it's a Nina Leonard maxi dress) and haven't worn it. I may end up donating it or cutting it off and turning it into a tunic top to wear with capri jeans as it's a baby doll style dress.

Honored Contributor

I don't find them flattering

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

I love maxi's. I find them to more cool & comfortable in the summer than pants. I was out shopping yesterday in a maxi skirt with a sleeveless top & sandals. I had a lady tell me I looked very cool & summery & that is how I felt. I am older & like to wear them to cover up my legs anymore since I have developed ugly varicose veins. I am taller (5'5") & can probably wear them better than a shorter person. I just ordered & received Bob Mackey's new Maxi-Skirt which is fabulous. Although I had to return the first one due to sizing running large, I reordered one size down & the fit is perfect. So, if you like Maxi's, that skirt is a winner.

Valued Contributor

I am short too and no place to really wear them. I like them and I think ladies look nice in them and I would not say no one looks good in them and I don't think that is true at all. I think anything we put on some look better than others in them because not all styles are for everyone or they simple don't know how to dress what is most flattering for their bodies. There are styles I love but not for me because I am simply not built for it.

I did see a lot of maxi's in the stores last year but not too many people out in about in them. I have not been shopping all that much so not sure what is out there yet. I have skirts that are just below my knee and a dress so I am set really for anything that comes along. I kind of did the maxi skirt the first time around anyway so not my thing any more. I do have a peasant style skirt just below my knee that I love and never thought I would so I do try and keep an open mind about things. You never know.

Enjoy and you never know if the right one came along I might try one out again. It would be fun to have one for a trip for an evening out. I love buying something new for a trip.