Respected Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

I thought maxis had come and gone, but just got home from Mexico spring break and tons of Americans were wearing them. To each his own. Some women look good in skinny jeans, capris, flats, what have you, some just do not.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

On 4/11/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 4/11/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

Well, dahling, they look fabulous on me!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

same here BCB! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I wear maxi skirts....and I think I look fab in them. 5'5"....so not tall. I have not found a maxi dress I like on me....but sure see some cute ones in catalogs/online.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I'm petite and most maxi dresses do not flatter the petite woman, so no, it's not for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't do maxi because at those times I prefer capris. I do wear mid calf a lot in the summer with a top and a short jacket or sweater of some type.

Super Contributor

I find maxi dresses to be very comfortable (and no waistband). I just yesterday ordered one in another color that I got last summer in brown. This new one is in navy and I got a matching cardigan for throwing over my shoulders in freezing cold restaurants.

A234306, A237371

Super Contributor

No I am too short.......the length is never good and I am too lazy to take for alterations. Back in college the maxi dress was popular and I did wear the style but at my age now even it the length was correct I would feel like a character on Little House......I like the style on much younger ladies though.......
Regular Contributor

I inherited good legs from mom so a maxi doesn't work on me. I love beach and resort looks like maxis but they don't translate into my lifestyle and sense of fashion. The only place I have seen maxis this year is on clearance racks and the lady who sleeps in the planter boxes at my office.
Trusted Contributor

Once the weather gets warm they will be everywhere again, I am sure. Tons of styles in retail in every price range, from highest end to discount. I think they loo great on some and not so great on others. Not sure what having great legs has to do with anything. As someone else posted, it is about variety. I too was blessed with great long legs but don't feel the need to always show them. Like others, I like variety and wear many different skirt lengths.

Honored Contributor

I want to get one. I have seen some lately online that are slimmer fitting. I like the kind that are more like a long sheath. Then I would hem it to just above ankle. But then I have to find a cool, 3/4 sleeve cardigan (crochet) to go over it. No sleeveless for me, my jajamas have sleeves! LOL! Seems like so much work. I am 66, and too much trouble for all the "upkeep". Deep sigh here.

Super Contributor

I like the idea, but it is way too hot in So.Cal