Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 793
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

On 4/12/2014 Sparkle Babe said:

I love maxi's. I find them to more cool & comfortable in the summer than pants. I was out shopping yesterday in a maxi skirt with a sleeveless top & sandals. I had a lady tell me I looked very cool & summery & that is how I felt. I am older & like to wear them to cover up my legs anymore since I have developed ugly varicose veins. I am taller (5'5") & can probably wear them better than a shorter person. I just ordered & received Bob Mackey's new Maxi-Skirt which is fabulous. Although I had to return the first one due to sizing running large, I reordered one size down & the fit is perfect. So, if you like Maxi's, that skirt is a winner.

I have seen some ladies shopping like that and I thought they looked nice and your right summery too.

I think when a person chooses to wear something they have to have I own it kind of attitude and some are very comfortable in a maxi and others are not. I think that is my problem you got to own it girl. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,178
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

I haven't worn one of those things since the day my youngest daughter (now 33 years old) was 5 years old.

I don't just dislike them, I really dislike them (on me). I don't think they are attractive on anyone.

That's just my personal dislike. I like tomatoes, maybe some people dislike tomatoes.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,403
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

They are so ugly to me.... You only look good in them if you're tall and super thin. Which rules out a lot of women.

Love short skirts. I've got the legs (as some women here do) and I don't mind showing them. All of my skirts are quite above the knee. If you under 30 you wouldn't be caught dead in a maxi. Well I'm 35 and I still won't touch them.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 988
Registered: ‎01-20-2013

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

Maxi dresses are usually cut too low in the front for me. I have huge arms so only dresses with sleeves look well on me. And I am 5'2'' so even though I like Maxis on others, not for me..........

If only designers thought about sleeves for women who are not perfect.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎06-26-2012

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

I won't buy anymore maxi dresses or skirts. I live near Houston where it's hot, humid and bug ridden. I find that less material on my body is better. So, I live in shorts, pedal pushers, and tank tops. I have found myself taking a couple maxis on vacation just to bring them home unworn. Just not a maxi girl.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 39,242
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

On 4/12/2014 songbird said:

They are so ugly to me.... You only look good in them if you're tall and super thin. Which rules out a lot of women.

Love short skirts. I've got the legs (as some women here do) and I don't mind showing them. All of my skirts are quite above the knee. If you under 30 you wouldn't be caught dead in a maxi. Well I'm 35 and I still won't touch them.

interesting.....because my teenager AND my young adult daughter both love maxi dresses and skirts.

********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,729
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

It depends on the cut. I like some of them. I have a few that I hemmed a little shorter, 2 – 3 inches above the ankle, a length that looks better on me.

Super Contributor
Posts: 406
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

Not me! I saw so many people wearing them everywhere last Summer and most were way too long. On ewomanin Target tripped on her dress & fell right into a clothing rack! A nice pair of capris are fine with me!

Super Contributor
Posts: 929
Registered: ‎09-12-2012

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

On 4/12/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 4/12/2014 songbird said:

They are so ugly to me.... You only look good in them if you're tall and super thin. Which rules out a lot of women.

Love short skirts. I've got the legs (as some women here do) and I don't mind showing them. All of my skirts are quite above the knee. If you under 30 you wouldn't be caught dead in a maxi. Well I'm 35 and I still won't touch them.

interesting.....because my teenager AND my young adult daughter both love maxi dresses and skirts. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I just got back from vacation and saw LOTS of maxi skirts and dresses and many 20 somethings wearing them. It's not about age or trying to hide legs. It's about variety. I have great legs and wear skirts both long and short, as well as pants.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 39,242
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

On 4/12/2014 Debbie1426 said:
On 4/12/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 4/12/2014 songbird said:

They are so ugly to me.... You only look good in them if you're tall and super thin. Which rules out a lot of women.

Love short skirts. I've got the legs (as some women here do) and I don't mind showing them. All of my skirts are quite above the knee. If you under 30 you wouldn't be caught dead in a maxi. Well I'm 35 and I still won't touch them.

interesting.....because my teenager AND my young adult daughter both love maxi dresses and skirts. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I just got back from vacation and saw LOTS of maxi skirts and dresses and many 20 somethings wearing them. It's not about age or trying to hide legs. It's about variety. I have great legs and wear skirts both long and short, as well as pants.

i completely agree debbie.....i like to mix up my look also.

********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein