Honored Contributor

Re: Is there an easy way to get wrinkles out of clothes other

I forget if it was QVC or HSN that was selling it but I bought the wrinkle release spray a while back at a clearance price, got like six bottles, and the stuff works well! Obviously you're not gonna get collars of cotton button downs to look ironed but a good spritz and a shake really makes a difference to a lot of fabrics. If I have a little more time I'll pull out my joy mangano steamer

Honored Contributor

Steamer.

It's the quickest, easiest thing to release wrinkles. 

Why are irons still being sold??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

Steamer.

It's the quickest, easiest thing to release wrinkles. 

Why are irons still being sold??

Sometimes you need an iron to do certain things, for instance to put creases in pants or, if you sew, to flatten seams and press open certain things on a garment. You can't easily do stuff like that with a steamer.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

mylittlesteamer.jpgMY LITTLE STEAMER by Joy Mangano. The last I saw, Target was selling them for 19.99.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

A steamer is my best friend.

I have one that is a water base at the bottom, a pole, and a regular coat hanger typre thing at the top. This way I can steam anything at all and it heats up in 90 seconds.

Other times I use use my trusty hand held steamer. I have the regular size Joy Mangano one, and one of her travel size (which loooks just like her regular size it is just much smaller and weighs less).

I find the Downy wrinkle spray to be hit or miss whether it wants to work or not. It does't always work, and sometimes leaves residue. I also don't like putting more chemicals on my body,. 

Respected Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

mylittlesteamer.jpgMY LITTLE STEAMER by Joy Mangano. The last I saw, Target was selling them for 19.99.

I do have this one and her mini that came in a ts years ago. Totally forgot.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am with @StylishLady .  I have a drop down ironing board mounted on the wall in my laundry room.  I don't mind ironing at all.  In fact, if you sew anything, you can't be without an iron.

I bought a steamer years ago and found it leaked all over the place but I am sure they have improved since then.  LM

Honored Contributor

If something I have has wrinkles that I want to wear, I will put it in the dryer for a few minutes (or longer) and hang it up or put it on immediately.  Works for me.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4   Just throw some ice cubes in the dryer with whatever you need to get wrinkles out of fast. I use silicone cupcake liners to make ice cubes and always have some on hand.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

small steamer...

This is what I use now.  It's been years since I've taken out my iron.