Honored Contributor

Re: Is there an easy way to get wrinkles out of clothes other

If they have been hanging for an extended amount of time, laundering would be a good idea.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

All those ideas sound great ... but take a lot more effort than a quick once-over with an iron.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I agree.  I had a steamer once and found it took longer and more trouble than ironing which I don't mind doing especially in the winter when it's cold here in Chicago.

I have never tried the sprays but now most of my clothes are pretty much wrinkle free, ala Susan Graver's materials.  Only iron a few of DH's shirts and a couple of mine.  

I don't think irons will ever become absolete.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd   I would do this too or buy a small hand held steamer like I have from rowenta years ago. I used to take it on vacations.

I'd also reinvest in an inexpensive rowenta iron. This brand is the best in irons imo and you can find one that's not that pricey. Whether or not you use an iron very much or not, you always need one in a pinch. You go to a wedding, your 'good' clothes and hubby's suit always need a touchup.

I would not use those spray on wrinkle release items as they coat your clothes with chemicals.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50

True.  Almost every morning, I spray a bit of sizing, and then run an iron over what I"m going to wear.  Takes less than five minutes and clothes look neat.

----------------------------------------------------

@kaydee50 wrote:

@ALRATIBA  I agree.  I had a steamer once and found it took longer and more trouble than ironing which I don't mind doing especially in the winter when it's cold here in Chicago.

I have never tried the sprays but now most of my clothes are pretty much wrinkle free, ala Susan Graver's materials.  Only iron a few of DH's shirts and a couple of mine.  

I don't think irons will ever become absolete.

Esteemed Contributor

My iron & ironing board are set up 24/7.  Sometimes, my ironing board becomes a catch all and, in that case, I will use my iron as a steamer.  I bought a steamer many many years ago when they were a fairly new concept.  I think you had to add salt to the distilled water which was a pain and then I got a pretty bad burn on my hand from the steam.  It also leaked.  I'm sure they're greatly improved.  I will probably look into getting a steamer....hadn't thought about it until this topic came up.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown