Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a budget line of casual clothing which is primarily cotton and cotton knit available?

@Pennytoo wrote:

Be careful with those “budget lines” in cotton. I bought a very pretty cotton knit shirt from Kohl’s last year. I washed it before wearing it and it went right in the garbage. It shrunk terribly and was very miss shaped. Sometimes those budget items aren’t worth the savings.

I've had to toss clothing from more expensive lines as well due to not laundering well, and I am super picky about laundry.  Yes, I agree that you sometimes have to pay a little more for quality, but I am not someone who is programmed to think the more I pay, the better the product.  That just isn't true.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is there a budget line of casual clothing which is primarily cotton and cotton knit available?

@AngelPuppy1  If you live in a cold climate and wear silks and wools (or blends of the two), please check out WoolOvers-USA on-line. Their clothing is from UK, high quality, and well-made. Right now the summer tops (cottons, linens, and silks) are on sale, although there aren't many choices left. They will begin bringing in their winter items soon.

Prices are reasonable IMO, although you may consider them high (prices are a personal thing). Again, I buy a lot to keep the shipping lower! If returns are necessary, WoolOvers-USA has a NYC address to save the cost of shipping back to the UK (although I've never returned anything). NOTE: Be sure to check size of each garment. I did notice (a couple of years ago) some items weren't always consistent in size.

Sorry I forgot to mention WoolOvers-USA when mentioning LL Bean in my previous post. Happened to be wearing a cotton/silk blend top this morning and thought of you! It's very comfortable and so feminine; soft to the skin.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@crawford5153   Geez I forgot about Coldwater Creek.  They do have pretty things.  I haven't shopped from them in a long time so I'll have to check them out again.  Thanks for the reminder!  🙂

Yes I love their clothes and hae never had a problem with them holding up as they wear and wear!  Glad I mentioned it.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @AngelPuppy1 they have a nice logo special on rright now that I think meets your criteria.  Maybe you want to take a look A290508.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of my clothing is 100% cotton and has been most of my life. I hate poly.

i have owned almost every brand of shirt posted here, budget friendly or not.

My favorite brand is Christopher and Banks.  They have tanks, short, elbow, 3/4 and  long sleeve varieties.  They are called essential Tees.  They mostly sell for around $20 each, but I always buy on sale.

i got 17 new ones this spring and paid around $10 each.  I wash cold, put in the dryer for 2 minutes to warm them up and put on a hanger to dry.  They never shrink, pill and I don't have trouble with fading or twisting out of shape.Some of my shirts are 10 years old and still going strong.

I probably have over 100 of  these shirts in all sleeve lengths combined. Most are solid colors, but I also own prints.

I would not suggest the elbow roll sleeves that are currently available.  They are stitched in a way that makes it impossible for the sleeves to stay nice after washing.  I hope they soon drop these roll and tab sleeve versions.  I have to roll and iron the sleeves every time I wash them.

Honored Contributor

Thank you fellow posters!  Such great replies!  I have many places to check for cotton things.  I appreciate it very much!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Contributor

Spoiler
Spoiler
Yes!

Like others, I buy almost all of my cotton-rich tops at Macy's, and most denims / cotton dresses at Costco. Costco also has cotton-rich pajamas by Carol Hockman. I find other (polyester & combined fabric) tops and dresses at Marshall's. When I do find a real WOW piece at QVC, (shoes, jewelry, etc.) I try to get it but prices are much higher.

Valued Contributor

Lands End and they always have a coupon with money off.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 , What have you bought?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I bought a couple of tops from Blair and found a couple t-shirts from Walmart.  I also got a couple cute tops at Kohls.  I have an order ready to go from Land's End also.  I plan on going to Old Navy sometime this coming week!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin