Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a budget line of casual clothing which is primarily cotton and cotton knit available?

The Croft & Barrow tee shirts I bought from Kohl's have all pilled, same with the Karen Scott brand from Macy's.

I loved the elbow length Charter Club tee shirts from Macy's but they don't have them anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a budget line of casual clothing which is primarily cotton and cotton knit available?

[ Edited ]

@LdyBugz wrote:

@crawford5153   I've had bad luck with the Croft and Barrow tee shirts.  Even though I washed them in cold water and air dried, the length of the shirts really shrink up.  I end up tossing them because they are just too short after a few washings, so it was money not well spent.  

Recently I purchased some shirts from Blairs and from Appleseed.  I wait for their free or discounted shipping promos and sales.  I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the shirts at a reasonable cost, and no shrinking!  The shipping time was reasonable, too.  The orders shipped in 3-4 days after I placed them, so I am pleased with these two companies so far.  

I just bought the tees at Kohl's to wear with shorts when at home. They are good for hanging out around the house and if they shrink then I just tuck them in my shorts. I have got some nice things at the stores you mentioned also, pretty capris at Blair and nice blouses at Appleeseeds.  I really shop a variety of stores online and my favorite one is Coldwater Creek.  Their things will last and last!  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Is there a line/company which sells primarily cotton and cotton knit casual clothing? Here at Q, on-line, etc.?  Not overly expensive either.

I am finding that a lot of fabrics do not agree with me since I have gotten older --- make me too hot or feel heavy or are irritating to my skin.  I feel better in soft, more natural fabrics.  Not to mention, since I'm home most of the time I want things that are casual, comfortable, and that can be also worn to do casual errands as well.

Any ideas?  Thanks so much! 

I have bought these in the past and they seem to hold up to repeated washings.  Not sure how much you want to pay but they are of the pima cotton and very soft I think.

Honored Contributor

LL BEAN, clothes are great, i have things from so many years ago, i was thinking she wanted  more budget,i think of ll bean  not budget.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153   Geez I forgot about Coldwater Creek.  They do have pretty things.  I haven't shopped from them in a long time so I'll have to check them out again.  Thanks for the reminder!  🙂

Honored Contributor

Old Navy, Gap Factory, and Gap (when on sale) for 100% cotton.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  About a week ago someone had a thread in Fashion mentioning a line that was all cotton but I do not remember the name.  You would have to do a search on the Internet.  Also, with higher priced clothes, you have to wait for sales to purchase at least that is what I have always done.  I know JJill has cotton tees.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Be careful with those “budget lines” in cotton. I bought a very pretty cotton knit shirt from Kohl’s last year. I washed it before wearing it and it went right in the garbage. It shrunk terribly and was very miss shaped. Sometimes those budget items aren’t worth the savings.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

What's your idea of "budget"? For some people that's a $10 tee shirt, for others it might be $25. 

Land's End and LLBean both have a wide selection of predominately cotton and cotton knit items. 

@FrostyBabe1 

I was looking on line for a bit and seeing things for 100 or 200!  Way too much.  For casual things basically to be around the house and for errands I am more like in the price range you mentioned! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Thanks!  So many great suggestions!  I also don't want to pay a lot because I like variety.  I don't want to wear a top forever, unless its something I just love!  I'd rather spend less and have a bunch of different tops to wear, as opposed to having a couple.  I really appreciate everyone taking the time to post!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin