Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a budget line of casual clothing which is primarily cotton and cotton knit available?

@Mombo1.  Pima cotton is long staple cotton grown in the Southwest USA.  You most certainly can tell the difference.  It's very soft and silky; actually feels like silk.  Quite different from run-if-the-mill cotton.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a budget line of casual clothing which is primarily cotton and cotton knit available?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mombo1.  Pima cotton is long staple cotton grown in the Southwest USA.  You most certainly can tell the difference.  It's very soft and silky; actually feels like silk.  Quite different from run-if-the-mill cotton.

I appreciate your opinion... I don’t like to over-spend on summer clothing...so I am satisfied with what I find at Macy’s.  Fall and winter clothing is a different story.  I am willing to spend more on those items.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Is there a line/company which sells primarily cotton and cotton knit casual clothing? Here at Q, on-line, etc.?  Not overly expensive either.

I am finding that a lot of fabrics do not agree with me since I have gotten older --- make me too hot or feel heavy or are irritating to my skin.  I feel better in soft, more natural fabrics.  Not to mention, since I'm home most of the time I want things that are casual, comfortable, and that can be also worn to do casual errands as well.

Any ideas?  Thanks so much! 

@AngelPuppy1   Just a suggestion, but I’ve stopped purchasing inexpensive “casual clothing”. That’s the group of clothing I wear every day and it’s more money wise for me to spend more on “good” cotton tees, tops and knit pants or slacks (cotton, chino style). If I worked as an attorney or needed cocktail dresses as a greater part of my wardrobe, I’d put my budget there. My every day clothing is washed/worn often and the times I’ve purchased inexpensive items, it ended up in the donate basket. 

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153   I've had bad luck with the Croft and Barrow tee shirts.  Even though I washed them in cold water and air dried, the length of the shirts really shrink up.  I end up tossing them because they are just too short after a few washings, so it was money not well spent.  

Recently I purchased some shirts from Blairs and from Appleseed.  I wait for their free or discounted shipping promos and sales.  I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the shirts at a reasonable cost, and no shrinking!  The shipping time was reasonable, too.  The orders shipped in 3-4 days after I placed them, so I am pleased with these two companies so far.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree with Shanus. Bought some inexpensive tops at Zulily and after a few washings they piled very badly. Now they are in the ragtag. I like LL Bean's cotton and prima cotton casual clothes. Good luck on your search.🌞

Super Contributor

Another vote for Karen Scott at Macy’s. I was just looking at their items online. Lots on sale...I’ve found it doesn’t shrink much too.
Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

I agree with Shanus. Bought some inexpensive tops at Zulily and after a few washings they piled very badly. Now they are in the ragtag. I like LL Bean's cotton and prima cotton casual clothes. Good luck on your search.🌞

@Solar Is My Name   To clarify, I won’t spend $75 on a cotton tee, but when it’s on sale for $45, it’s OK. No more TJ Max quickie finds that don’t hold up. A $15-$20 tee, in my experience, is just thrown out money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just returned from walmart,they have time and tru t shirts for $3.00 each ,others for$4.44.They are good enough for me,running around ,doing errands,around the house.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Wear only the pima cotton from LL Bean. Different style for all seasons. Reasonable prices and free shipping on orders of $75 or more. Since I wear their cotton denim jeans with front zipper in 8 or 10 MT, it's easy to receive the free S&H. And everything is shipped quickly. Their customer service is excellent; although I did exchange a pair of jeans (smaller size) and was charged for that shipping, which wasn't a big deal (maybe $6.35).  

Money screams; wealth whispers.