Honored Contributor

Is "Refresh" the new "word of the day."

Recently, I'm hearing "refresh your ....." from hosts. "Refresh" your bra drawer, your socks drawer, your underwear drawer .....

Today - one host said you should replace your bras - I think it was every three months.  Jane recently said replace your sneakers every three months.  

So - I'm guessing that most of QVC's fashion purchases have a wear-life of 90 days.

--------------------------------------------

Yet - Susan Graver says her liquid knit will be around forever. 

Maybe QVC's vendors should make their socks, underwear and bras out of liquid knit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is "Refresh" the new "word of the day."

animated-lol-sign-image-0031

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA - This is priceless! Everyone should see this rationale! I agree with @meallen616; I actually LOL'd!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA,

We'll just have to add "refresh" to our list of "words and phrases we don't want to hear anymore" thread!😄

Now they will probably say it in every presentation.🙄 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Ha! Every time I hear "refresh your...." I wince, just as much as hearing, "new normal". 😊

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Recently, I'm hearing "refresh your ....." from hosts. "Refresh" your bra drawer, your socks drawer, your underwear drawer .....

Today - one host said you should replace your bras - I think it was every three months.  Jane recently said replace your sneakers every three months.  

So - I'm guessing that most of QVC's fashion purchases have a wear-life of 90 days.

Maybe QVC's vendors should make their socks, underwear and bras out of liquid knit.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You have given me a good laugh to start my day!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA   LOL.  I do replace/refresh panties and bras every 6 months...the elastic tends to get loose or stretched out....good bras too...Natori from Nordstrom. I do wash bras (and panties of course) every day...Bras close to body all day like panties, so I launder them...handwash in sink and dry on towel rack. So, I get the "refresh" just not as often as hosts want.

I also hear to refresh tees when seasons change. What?!?!? I may replace my white or black every now and then because the blacks do fade and whites get dinghy....certainly not as often as they say. I have enough to rotate them.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

"Refresh" the stores/online stores from whom you buy. Wherever your goods came from last year, don't buy from them this year... HOW'S THAT?... AHH...I feel REFRESHED!

-Solar Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like "refresh" is their New Year sales pitch. 😉