Respected Contributor

Re: Is it me or am I being a grumpy old fuddyduddy?

QVC must rule their vendors with an iron fist. I am guessing that the marketing people push vendors into the same-o, same-o lane. The result is a bored clientele that turns to other, fresher product sources. Who is buying the stuff?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't plan on buying from either line anytime soon.  Like many others, I just don't care for Isaac's asymmetrical and peplum.  Plus, I think a lot of his things are overpriced.  Every Joan Rivers piece I bought was off with the sizing, so they were returned.  Last winter David Dangle went on and on about a skirt that would be "coming up."  It got my attention, but it never appeared in the show and he never said when it would be coming up.  People posted on his Facebook page asking about it, but he didn't respond.  It's not like he has a high traffic Facebook page, so don't know what his problem was with answering that simple question, "When will the skirt be available?"  That left me with no interest in him or the line at all.  Other Q designers would've at least responded to such a question even if they didn't know an exact date. 

Respected Contributor

If you highlight what she wrote you can then read it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

There's nothing wrong with you.  It's just that QVC carries a lot of fashion lines and you shouldn't expect that you will be interested in every single of of them  I know I am a fashion lover and QVC lover but their are lines that  just aren't for me.  I was once a SG fan but I've moved on from that.  My tastes and my life apparently have changed, I don't watch her shows now.  It's the same with everything on QVC, life is too short to spend an hour on something I know will be of no or little interest to me.  QVC and the JR line and whatever aren't your real problem.  If you don't see things that excite or even interest you, YOU are your problem.  And you can fix that....you have a remote control....use it.

@chrystaltree I don’t know if you are aware that you offer the same old advice over and over. People know they can change the channel as they know to breathe if they need air. If you really believe you are offering helpful advice you would be wrong.

@Ketra. She can offer whatever advice she pleases. Remember that is what these forums are for. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

I don't think it's you, i feel the same way. I think they need new designers. When i see Gary from denim and co,  i understand why his clothes and choice of colors are outdated...I also used to tape or always watch isaac shows, now i don't bother, i don't care for peplums, floral or short dresses. I don't like Logo tops, too childish, Gili is to cheap looking,  lately. 

@dogsx3   Yes, I don't know how they can call Gary a "designer".

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SharkE  It's a piece of cake! You'll be amazed at the color that is back in your world. I drove the next day (with sunglasses of course). The medical profession has streamlined so many surgeries, that it's another simple and almost "easy" procedure. It's done so frequently, that I consider it extremely safe and effective. Use the eye drops and you'll be fine. 

@BirkiLady  @sharke  All surgeons must be different.  I had both of my eyes done.  One last Thurs and one the Thurs before.  I didn't need to use any drops after and drove to follow up appts the next day. 

They implant a lens to take the place.  I did wear sunglasses.  Be sure to wear them because the light will hurt.  I still wear them for the computer, just to take the brightness away.  That will go away soon.

I was scared, too, but they do give you a little anesthetic (mine was Versed) and I think the drops they put in before to dialate have numbing in them, too.  Sharke, you will be glad after.

I have mono vision.......one for close, one for distance.  I didn't wear glasses before, but now things are brighter and clearer.  I'm 80 yrs old and did fine.  Good luck, Sharke!

Valued Contributor

Agree. Joan Rivers line seems to only feature "boyfriend shirts" tunic shirts all things that are too long and look frumpy. But women are buying them because they want to cover their butts. They don't get that when you are wearing a shirt that is longer than the end of your butt, the shirt cups that feature and accentuates it. As for Issac I just want to say I am sick of those 24/7 pants. Tried them and they are too tight and the amount of spandex would make me sweat up a storm. I do like Issac's pima cotton things. But he again designs things that are too long. I can't buy most of his stuff because of that. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree Why yes I do have a remote and yes I do use it...

Your sarcastic tone was not appreciated but if it made you feel better by being a rude keyboard warrior and I was the target for your meaness and you got to feel better about your self then I guess something was accomplished.

Honored Contributor

I'm noticing that the offerings here at the Q-- and from the marketplace in general-- are for the most part boring and cheaply made, IMO. As a result, I'm buying less, so I'm saving $$$$$!  Woman Very Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP.