Esteemed Contributor

Is d and c making clothes bigger

I take a medium and they seem bigger. Maybe that's why in clearance. A small would be way too tight.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is d and c making clothes bigger

@halfpint1  I think the sizes are inconsistent. I just did a post about prices going up where I wore a D& Co shirt that arms were too long but too expensive to return it.

The  pants that I have bought for years are shorter in the crotch but longer in the legs.

I shop more in local stores now where I can try things on and shop sales. 

Trusted Contributor

I think that some ARE getting bigger.  I used to be an XL in D&Co, but the chest measurements grew to 48 1/2 inches, which was too big.  I watched a presentation this week of a tee shirt, and the chest measurement was 50 1/2.

Respected Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I think that some ARE getting bigger.  I used to be an XL in D&Co, but the chest measurements grew to 48 1/2 inches, which was too big.  I watched a presentation this week of a tee shirt, and the chest measurement was 50 1/2.

It also depends on the intended fit/cut of the garment. If a relaxed fit, the measurements will be larger; conversely, a fitted garment will have smaller measurements and less wearing ease between the garment and the body. I don’t know which tee you saw, but that could account for the larger chest measurement.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe you just lost weight.  Please, please tell me how!  Lol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

you have to pay attention TO EACH GARMENT size. I wear a 'large' in 90% of denim and Co. but, when they say "oversized tee" I can go down to a M

as long as the bust is 44 I can trust it. What upsets me is I hope they don't go to a big hip size. Sometimes I have to forget something if the 'L' is

bust 44, then hip is like 50 !!  Due to exercise my hips are like 43-44

50 would be like 6-7 inches of to much fabric in the caboose.

One thing I hate is to much 'poof' what I call flare out at the butt.

Then, I have to seam it in on the side or pay somebody 10 or so to take

it in for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought their prices are reasonable but if they seem to be a 14 I will stick to thrift stores where prices are under $3.