Respected Contributor

Is anyone still dressing anymore

Not a critizism, just a question. Since the pandemic, leggings, jeggings and jog pants are all I see.

I have closets and drawers of nice clothes that were considered ''casual," before the pandemic. Now they would be ''dressy." Think Linea knits.

I did stop wearing m/u and am exploring my stash and actually relearning how to use it. I'm seventy nine and have been wearing it since I was sixteen and did stage m/u in college.

Went to the doctor yesterday and she kept saying how fashionable I looked. Was not dressed up but pull myself together well. She looked great. Last spring I was reeling from a colonoscopy and she asked me if my tote was hand painted so I know what she likes.

I wore the leggings first time around but we always covered our bottoms and that's how I wear it now.

Do like the summer prarie dresses but not seeing them in the street.

I wear my version of jogging pants; Linea sold them years before and I stocked up.

Summer's always casual; will fall be any different.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone still dressing anymore

What a nice interesting post @lavendar .

I think casual dressing is the majority mindset these days for sure.  I myself wear clothes that are comfort forward, shall I say, but always neat and clean.

I don't have a closet full of clothing and shoes, mostly just basics, and have never felt quite appropriate wearing leggings.

It sounds like your wardrobe would be considered quite upscale and how nice of you to want to dress that way.  I applaud you. Cat Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

I don't own any leggings, jeggings or jog pants.  I do wear jeans, capris, shorts, ankle pants and full length pants.

I do wear sweat pants when we camp or for outdoor activities.

I dress casually, but not sloppy and not like a teenager or like I am on my way to the gym.

If I leave house, I am appropriately dressed.  I don't wear make-up and never really did unless I had to for the occasion.

The pandemic did not change how I dress or look.

I see less and less leggings/jeggings on everyone...even the teens.  The young 'uns are back to jeans...with holes and worn out looking.

Honored Contributor

My style/way of dressing never chaged due to covid.

I wore make up, and wore all the clothing I had (during covid).  I don't wear leggings and see many women that should not wear them, if you know what I mean!

Honored Contributor

My style of dressing hasn't changed since covid.  I still dress nice even going to the grocery store.  It always made me feel good dressing up.  I do wear make up, but it is very natural looking.  I do wear leggings in the fall/winter with a nice longer sweater.  

Respected Contributor

I wish I had all the money I spent on my ''upscale'' wardrobe.

A neighbor says I dress like a New Yorker. My niece, who is one, still dresses. But she's always done her own thing.

Still a little fazed by leggings with tops that are short enough to tuck in but when I could do that I probab ly would have.

I only bought two things last year: KimC. sweater dresses. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

My style/way of dressing never chaged due to covid.

I wore make up, and wore all the clothing I had (during covid).  I don't wear leggings and see many women that should not wear them, if you know what I mean!

Same here, I have never had a pair of leggings or jeggings on and very seldom wear jeans.  When I do wear jeans is just around the house as no one sees me.  When I go out I always dress in a nice pair of pants with a dressy blouse or tunic. In the winter I wear wool blazers to blend in with what color trousers and blouse I amm wearing. Went to the dentist last week and received three compliments from the girls that work there.  Guess they are not accustomed to seeing anyone dressed up anymore.

Trusted Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

Not a critizism, just a question. Since the pandemic, leggings, jeggings and jog pants are all I see.

I have closets and drawers of nice clothes that were considered ''casual," before the pandemic. Now they would be ''dressy." Think Linea knits.

I did stop wearing m/u and am exploring my stash and actually relearning how to use it. I'm seventy nine and have been wearing it since I was sixteen and did stage m/u in college.

Went to the doctor yesterday and she kept saying how fashionable I looked. Was not dressed up but pull myself together well. She looked great. Last spring I was reeling from a colonoscopy and she asked me if my tote was hand painted so I know what she likes.

I wore the leggings first time around but we always covered our bottoms and that's how I wear it now.

Do like the summer prarie dresses but not seeing them in the street.

I wear my version of jogging pants; Linea sold them years before and I stocked up.

Summer's always casual; will fall be any different.

I d o not any of the things you mentioned other than jeans I wear around the house when cleaning but never out in public.  So yes, I can relate to you fully.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear the same thing pretty much every day 365 days a year. Shorts from April to October and a tee, long joggers, yoga pants, chinos or jeans in the winter with a long sleeved tee. This is Arizona and no one dresses up. We wear just enough not to get arrested. You can walk into a 5 star restaurant in shorts, tee and flip flops and no one would bat an eye. I don't own a dress, skirt or heels. Didn't wear them when I worked either. I've always been casual. 

Honored Contributor

Around here - people do dress for church and related events and other places where it's appropriate - such as our women's charity group events, luncheons, meetings.  

It's a real mix of ages / occupations around here.  You see a little bit of everything.