Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone shopping for winter clothes?

[ Edited ]

I bought a lot last winter (especially sweaters), so I don't need much.   

I did buy this lightweight sweatshirt from J Crew. It's called the Crewneck Pullover and comes in 9 colors. I got Guava Berry.  

It's not a tight crewneck - the neckline is kind of open and comfortable

j.crew: crewneck pullover in vintage cotton terry, right side, view zoomed

And I bought some Wit & Wisdom jeans at Nordstrom. This is a new brand for me, and I really like them. 

Respected Contributor

Not really. I just took 3 large garbage bags of things that I no longer wear/like to the thrift store. I might pick up a piece or two, but I really have all that I need. I'm not an "update the wardrobe every season" type of person. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also got this tee from J Crew Factory for wearing right now (90 degrees!).

j.crew factory: mon amour graphic t-shirt

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I just bought a pr of winter boots  today

I wish I could.  I just can't wrap my head around it yet.  It's 96 degrees here today and some areas are expecting to reach 100. 

@ScrapHappy   Same here. 96 today with a feel like temp. of 101. This heat better break soon. We have had weeks of it and it is almost unbearable. 

Respected Contributor

No!  It's been 5,000 degrees here for months.  I can't even think about winter clothes!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I am refraining because I don't need anything.  May replace some Cuddl Dud items for base layering, but other than that have no plans to purchase anything new.  Undoubtedly, I will most likely see something I love and make an impulse purchase, but that's it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Living in southern California - I have one wardrobe. When it gets cooler/colder - I throw on a jacket or sweater!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not necessarily for winter things, but for end-of-season short sleeve things and newer things. Gosh, I've been doing an awful lot of shopping lately, not from the Q, though. It just seems I want my whole closet revamped!

I'm just waiting for the L&T cashmere sale in November.

Honored Contributor

No.   I hate spending money on clothes.  For many years now I buy only what I have to have to get by, and my clothes function year round; no switching anything out based on seasons.  I don’t like turtlenecks or sweaters, and only have 2 long sleeved shirts.   

Occasional Contributor

FInally, Today I recieved my order of a beautiful furry jacket and thermal wear from Zaful and happy to see the results. I got 15% off coupon code plus free shipping on it through CouponerStore. But couldn't find any reasonable deal for my son yet. Please guide me if you know any savings deal in this regard.