Trusted Contributor

Is anyone familiar with Easy Spirit shoes?

I need some new walk about sneakers for casual wear so I went on zappos.com because I can only wear narrows and they have a good selection. 

There were alot of easy spirit shoes there that have pretty fair prices. I'm not familiar with that brand can anyone tell me if they are good quality and comfortable?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone familiar with Easy Spirit shoes?

I've tried on Easy Spirit when shoe shopping IRL, from what I can tell they are very comfortable but I didn't like their styles, I've never purchased a pair.

I'm curious to see what others say.

Valued Contributor

I have a few pairs, find them comfortable (I have bad feet) and affordable.  Have only purchased slip on casuals.  I like them.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover, I would try their AP1 walking shoes. Personally, I would get the leather version over the canvas one.

I have a pair or two from ages ago, and I still wear them occasionally when I want comfort, support, and pretty good-looking walking shoes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have numerous Easy Spirit shoes. I bought and wore the shoes mainly for work. They are very comfortable and held up well. In fact they still look good. The only reason I no longer wear them as much is because I am retired. 

In fact every pair is leather and comfortable. When I retired I got rid of every pair of shoes that was the least bit uncomfortable. And not one pair of Easy Spirit shoes were donated.

I kept them all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover: I've worn Easy Spirit walking shoes for years and highly recommend them. They are very comfortable and it doesn't take forever to break them in. I also wear a leather oxford called "Motions". Very comfortable! If you haven't already, check out the website, there are many styles from casual to dressy and they offer narrow to double wide widths.

Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

I have a whole wardrobe of ES clogs, thongs and sneakers.  With the heel spur in each heel, I find them very comfortable.  They do come in Wide widths if you need that.

Please try on the shoes, or, if you are purchasing on line make sure to try on the same shoe in a store.  I have found the nifty color ones to be a little short in the toe box at times...may be a different manufacturer.

If you have a sensitive little toe, feel inside for that area to make sure there is no seam to irritate the side of the toe.

I usually throw the liners in the wash each week and air dry the .  I have even tossed the shoe minus the liner in heavy duty wash load.  Air dry....will be slightly tight for a few minutes but will adjust to your foot.

Some of the leather ones are washable.  Check first.

Good Shopping and Wearing !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

We had a lot of Easy Spirit shoes stores around where I live but they are now closed. The last pair I purchased were cheaply made and fell apart in a few months. I asked the store manager about it and she said just before they closed that they were no longer making them in the USA and had moved to a new factory in China. I never purchased them again so I can not comment as to the quality now.

Honored Contributor

Go for it, try a pair.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Make sure you check websites that carry easy spirit. You can get as much as 25% off.