Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else tired of..

@K9buddy wrote:

All of the open front sweaters and coats. These are items for the cooler/colder weather. Why don’t they have the option of at least a button or two?  It’s almost as ridiculous as the 3/4 sleeve sweaters.  

unfitted garments are easier to sell 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not tired of them - I just don't buy them.   I prefer a cardigan with a zipper or buttons so I have the option of wearing it open or closed.  Four definite seasons here so I keep short sleeves, long sleeves, and 3/4 sleeves handy.  Sometimes we have all four seasons in one week! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I prefer them without buttons as I never button my sweaters.  I like them open and I do like 3/4 sleeves as I always push up the sleeves.  It's a win win for me.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Agree.  An open front winter coat is useless.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I buy sweaters, jackets and coats for practical reasons--to keep me warm--not for "style" so I never buy any that are open front, 3/4 sleeve or anything else that is not functional.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in a 4 seasons state. I have no problem with open front cardi’s, I have tons of them. If its so cold that I need a front closure (and here thats a good 4 mo’s of the yr) then I wear one of my winter jackets over. Common sense really. 😉

Honored Contributor

I am short and 90% of long sleeves are way to long for me, so it is 3/4 sleeves all the way

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I'd never buy an open front coat.  Sweaters are another story.

Most of my cardigans don't have buttons.  On some of the hip length, I put a short ribbon or yarn tie.  The longer are designed to be worn open, or have waterfall fronts.

I don't like 3/4 sleeves or bracelet length.  My sleeves must be long enoough to cover my wrist.

Honored Contributor

I like them.  If I want want to wear one closed, I just add a belt.  I also have two pins that I got from Coldwater Creek a long time ago.  Those pins/brooches are specifically designed to close an open front cardigan.  

Honored Contributor

I prefer buttons or zippers on my sweaters and coats too.  That way I can decide whether or not to close the item completely, partially close it, or leave it open. I own sweaters that are short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, and long sleeve so I have layering items all year. I own one 3/4 sleeve jacket. I am not a fan of loose flowy cardigans and coats.