Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else tired of..

I wear both open and button-down cardigans but usually don't even button the latter (live in SoCal).

I won't buy 3/4 cardigans or jackets because they look weird with long-sleeved pullover sweaters or tees.

But I do have many 3/4 tees and sweaters along with long-sleeve ones.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I don't like them and I don't buy them.  

Honored Contributor

I bought that BFD sweater coat last fall with the open front and wore it all winter with a quilted vest underneath. I love it, but I would not buy another. I do like the open front sweaters and have many, I prefer 3/4 sleeves in tops.

Respected Contributor

The one open front look I avoid is the cascade style and peplums as I just don’t need extra fabric in those areas. And if the material or sewing is poor quality the garments look worn out, out of shape. I am glad to see that the regular cardigan is back as an option. For awhile I couldn’t see much variety.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@K9buddy wrote:

All of the open front sweaters and coats. These are items for the cooler/colder weather. Why don’t they have the option of at least a button or two?  It’s almost as ridiculous as the 3/4 sleeve sweaters.  

unfitted garments are easier to sell 

@jackthebear

And, cheaper to make!