Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone else sick to death of ""gift"" shows???

Yes, color me there !! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

On 12/20/2014 kivah said:

I started watching the Q 20 years ago and purchased lots of clothes, jewelry, Clark shoes, Ryka shoes, etc. The last 5 years, the show has gone down the drain - and I rarely watch - except a few minutes while changing channels. When people say don't watch --- it's because they're not a long-time viewer when the show was interesting and entertaining. Who need a 24-hour informercial every day? That's what it's become. I can't tell one host from another - they all started looking alike. No one buys stuff every day --- so the show should be entertaining!!!!! When people complain they need less socializing and more showing the products, that becomes very boring. QVC needs new management. If u want to buy gifts, go to Costco --- they have tons at low prices.

Nope. I've been a QVC customer from day 1. I have never ever been an avid watcher of any sales channel, that makes no sense to me. You don't go and live in a mall all day every day, why do you want to tune in an watch sales presentations all day and night?

QVC is a retailer, not an entertainer. Everything they do is to entice you to part with your money, not for you to watch to be entertained and not buy.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised at the lack of variety of the shows. It's same exact electronic, tablet, camera, games, toys, etc. Over and over. I get the QVC plus. You can watch the live show and switch to the earlier taped show, and the same exact item is on the air. How many times can they show the perfecter, WEN, Dyson, etc? Didn't the V in QVC stand for variety?

Respected Contributor

On 12/20/2014 hulagirl said:

I'm sick of everything Q right now......too much Wen, too much Philosophy, too much "Christmas junk gifts", too much Denim and Co. and Susan Graver........I want some classy clothing lines (not big name designer with c rappy quality mystery fiber material that someone else actually designs and they slap their name on).....also would love some more shoes that are not comfort shoes.....I'm not saying that shoes shouldn't be comfortable, but not all high heels are uncomfortable.....I wouldn't buy them if they were. I'd also like some different cosmetic lines and I'm really over high-priced beauty gizmos that are probably no better than what I'm using right now ($100-plus for a curling/flat iron or hair dryer).......I could go on and on..........(sorry, guess I did Smiley Wink

Lol, Me too!! In fact I just sent complaint via email about the programming this season. Oh I know it doesn't do any good, but someone will read it. I am so sick of flipping to QVC to see vacuums, kitchen gadgets, nonsense gifts,..... I have stopped watching. Same ole stuff day after day, just gets OLD!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.glare} You have a remote? Change the channel ... I do not watch QVC very often [I have too busy a lifestyle for that] So do not complain you do have options.

I think we're all aware of having options, and many of us are also busy. Neither fact negates that QVC has been like one long endless loop. Some would like to watch occasionally, but are weary of the generic gift shows and the same handful of items presented during each, virtually ever hour of every day for the past three months... I agree with you OP, but I haven't been watching. I simply can't stand this programming and am not interested in the merchandise they seem compelled to push relentlessly.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 12/21/2014 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.glare} You have a remote? Change the channel ... I do not watch QVC very often [I have too busy a lifestyle for that] So do not complain you do have options.

I think we're all aware of having options, and many of us are also busy. Neither fact negates that QVC has been like one long endless loop. Some would like to watch occasionally, but are weary of the generic gift shows and the same handful of items presented during each, virtually ever hour of every day for the past three months... I agree with you OP, but I haven't been watching. I simply can't stand this programming and am not interested in the merchandise they seem compelled to push relentlessly.

I agree with you. We don't need to be told to get busy, change the channel, or some other pompous reply.

I feel like it has been going on FOREVER, way earlier this year than before. Don't know if it is just my perception or if it's actually true.

There are so many OTHER things out there that we would like to see. The endless repetition is really boring. They will do what they think will make them the most money - I totally understand that. That's what they are there for.

But, it's sure hard to believe that anyone other than a NEW watcher isn't bored to tears by now. I have hardly watched at all. That cannot be great for their bottom line!

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

Hopefully they have already returned to relatively "normal" programming, I caught a bit of "Carolyn's Closet" this morning. Every year the "gift" shows begin earlier, and QVC is virtually unwatchable for three months or so. Then it's just back to the "routine" endless line-up of Keurig, computers, Sleep Number beds, Dyson, Dooney & Burke, Clark's, and ITKWD. So be careful what you wish for!
Respected Contributor

On 12/21/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/20/2014 kivah said:

I started watching the Q 20 years ago and purchased lots of clothes, jewelry, Clark shoes, Ryka shoes, etc. The last 5 years, the show has gone down the drain - and I rarely watch - except a few minutes while changing channels. When people say don't watch --- it's because they're not a long-time viewer when the show was interesting and entertaining. Who need a 24-hour informercial every day? That's what it's become. I can't tell one host from another - they all started looking alike. No one buys stuff every day --- so the show should be entertaining!!!!! When people complain they need less socializing and more showing the products, that becomes very boring. QVC needs new management. If u want to buy gifts, go to Costco --- they have tons at low prices.

Nope. I've been a QVC customer from day 1. I have never ever been an avid watcher of any sales channel, that makes no sense to me. You don't go and live in a mall all day every day, why do you want to tune in an watch sales presentations all day and night?

QVC is a retailer, not an entertainer. Everything they do is to entice you to part with your money, not for you to watch to be entertained and not buy.

Um, less watching equals less buying! They use entertaining to SELL. If one is BORED, they are not watching, meaning not tempted to buy.

It is NOT like going in to a store. Their marketing strategy is different. I don't go into stores I am bored with, except maybe grocery stores.

I totally disagree. They have to entertain you to keep you watching.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

On 12/20/2014 pas4116 said:

Instead of getting frustrated, think of it as a vacation for your credit card! I'm not interested in any of the "gift" stuff either, but it must sell well - they do this every year.

Vacation for your credit card! Love it!
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/20/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 12/20/2014 sissycat said:

How about in 2015 we eliminate the comment "You have a remote? Change the channel...

Yes we all have a remote. Yes we all know how it works and that it changes channels. Yes we all have an opinion. Yes we all have the right to express that opinion. Yes we are sick to death of being told to use the remote.

The people who say use a remote are equally sick of people complaining about a retailer doing what retailers do - SELL, and sell what obviously is making money for them! Some people apparently feel QVC is obligated to sell things at THEIR price point and in the manner they feel is fair and only the type merchandise they are interested in. That's NOT how it works. If what QVC is selling and how they are selling it is not to your liking shop elsewhere!

I simply don't understand how anyone can watch QVC for entertainment or background noise!

If you don't like people having opinions maybe you should spend less time on the forums.