Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone else sick to death of ""gift"" shows???

On 12/20/2014 twinny2 said:

I am totally sick of the gifting shows. Next month will be just as bad though with the Nutrisystem (sp)?

I have to agree....these gift shows are never-ending...and the SAME product continuously are being show..........besides the computers,cameras, dyson and Dooney & Burke I don't think i can take ONE more beauty products show either. Years past they had jewelry items the last couple weeks before the holiday and did the rush to get them to customers then...that was always nice to look forward to. I think their supply of any quality jewelry is so low they really don't present those shows anymore. On the bright side...it has forced me to go to other retailers and I have found some great Christmas gift deals and these days tend to go more with the local retailers or Amazon and the prices and shipping is much more reasonable. So I find my self occasionally watch QVC these days and using the remote more often. For years it felt like a shopping channel...but for the last year or so QVC has felt like one long info-mercial with endless hours dedicated to a number of specific products.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/20/2014 sissycat said:
On 12/20/2014 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.glare} You have a remote? Change the channel ... I do not watch QVC very often [I have too busy a lifestyle for that] So do not complain you do have options.

How about in 2015 we eliminate the comment "You have a remote? Change the channel...

Yes we all have a remote. Yes we all know how it works and that it changes channels. Yes we all have an opinion. Yes we all have the right to express that opinion. Yes we are sick to death of being told to use the remote.

Nicely stated........I thought the remote comment was rude as well. We ALL have remotes. We all know we can change the channel. Hello. I was looking for fashion, beauty and jewelry shows on the Q. They're pushing the electronics, which is making a lot of customers tune out.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch 'gift' shows. never.

Trusted Contributor

These are elongated QVC Sampler shows. I used to put my TV on at work when I rolled in at 7 a.m. and left it on QVC all day. I don't even turn to the channel now. Boring Boring Boring ...

Frequent Contributor

Yes, yes , yes,...I just posted about this..... for weeks..... same items presented daily, weekly.... from show to show....etc...... but I also noticed a lack in variety of items presented since the summer months...... QVC needs to rethink their presentations 24/7 and 365.

Esteemed Contributor

You have a remote? Change the channel ... I do not watch QVC very often [I have too busy a lifestyle for that] So do not complain you do have options.

How about in 2015 we eliminate the comment ""You have a remote? Change the channel...

Yes we all have a remote. Yes we all know how it works and that it changes channels. Yes we all have an opinion. Yes we all have the right to express that opinion. Yes we are sick to death of being told to use the remote.

Good Grief! Get over yourself already! No one is forcing you to watch QVC.

And yes we all have a choice as to whether or not we want to get over ourselves and I don't!

Good for you! And complaining is counter productive. And you sound immature and childish.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/22/2014 dogmother said:

{#emotions_dlg.glare} You have a remote? Change the channel ... I do not watch QVC very often [I have too busy a lifestyle for that] So do not complain you do have options.

How about in 2015 we eliminate the comment "You have a remote? Change the channel...

Nicely stated........I thought the remote comment was rude as well. We ALL have remotes. We all know we can change the channel. Hello. I was looking for fashion, beauty and jewelry shows on the Q. They're pushing the electronics, which is making a lot of customers tune out.

So these people are using there remotes GOOD FOR THEM{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} And not complaining about it here, wonderful. You made my point for me!!!

Esteemed Contributor

The gift shows would be fine if the selection were varied and exciting. This same old/same old items, being shown repeatedly day after day, since October is more than I can stand. My cable company could confirm that my box has rarely clicked on the QVC channel number since I threw up my hands and conceded that this was how the Christmas shopping quarter was going to be at QVC. Further evidence is that not one of my gift purchases is from QVC this year. That is quite different from previous years where perhaps (close to, or) half were.

Esteemed Contributor

Not surprising to me that QVC would be pushing electronics instead of jewelry and clothing. Of course they would be selling there high ticket products during the X-mas holidays. But, when I saw them selling that spray that you put in the toilet as gifts that was the last straw. I turned it off. According to the insider after new years the regular programming will be back on QVC.

Regular Contributor

Yes I am with you. Next it will be all gifts on sale that did not sell. Sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!