Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone else enjoying Belle by Kim Graval?

@SarahW wrote:

@Trudey wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Kim reminds me of Paula Dean....loud, in your face, and pushy.  The over done southern drawl is also a turn off.  

@SeaMaiden  That "over done southern drawl" is how we really speak.  There's nothing fake about it.

I agree with SeaMaiden.   I'm from GA and no one I know  speaks like that.   (Or like Paula Deen for that matter.)

Not a fan of Gravel and don't watch her. 

Kim and Paula Dean are NOTHING alike!  A southern accent does not in any way make one comparable to someone else with a southern accent.  Paula Dean is a total fake with the "y'all" every 3 seconds.  Kim is a beautiful, sincere person.  Don't be so quick to judge and stereotype.  I love her jeans 👖.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I can't watch her.  Just a bit too high energy for me. 

Besides, her things are designed for body types very different from mine .

I didn't see her today but last time she was on, I thought she'd settled down a lot from her first frenetic shows.  I guess someone told her it's not nice to direct the director. 

I ordered a pair of her jeggings and liked them so well, I got another color,  and I enjoyed her last show. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't know much about her (her bio, etc.) but if she hasn't yet written a motivational book, I'd like her to write one! 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If she wants to write a motivational book for women, fine. I'm sure there would be an audience for that type of self-help book..... but it's the last thing I want to see and hear when I'm shopping for clothes. I find it to be terribly out of place and disingenuous in that context.  And, yes, cheesy.

Honored Contributor

She is too loud for me.  Changed channel.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

KG is not my cup of tea, she just goes too far and JT encourages her. I did order her jeggings today though, so I hope it was worth it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her speech mannerisms remind me of the way Mama June speaks...in fact their whole family.  If Qvc hired June, she probably could sell a line of clothing too.  I did order one item by KG and it was not sewn to specs but oversized and I promptly returned it. Won't be buying again. 

Respected Contributor

I appreciate her encouraging words and her jeans - but cannot watch her.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Love her and her positive energy - along with her southern "drawl". I find myself laughing or smiling as I watch her. 

She was on Steve Harvey with her sister and they were hilarious together. My stomach hurt from laughing so loud. Her sister is exactly like her, as is her southern drawl. What a fun family they must be. 

Contributor

I really like her, she is a breath of fresh air. I am tired of SG line always the same and D & C is getting frumpy and too expensive for what it is. She designs for true women sizing curvy not all thin size 6. I rodered several of her pieces waiting on delivery.